View Full Version : ? re signature line ....

July 11, 2001, 04:45 PM
Can't seem to turn mine off except by manually each time I post. Just as soon stick it in only when I feel like it & not invoke the "don't use it" option every time.

Methinks I'm doing something not quite right - any pointers?

July 11, 2001, 06:13 PM
Unless I am missing something, it looks like the only option that a user can pre-set is to show or not show other users' signatures.

July 11, 2001, 09:54 PM
Well that's the question.

How can I "pre-set" it so I don't have to manually, every time I post, click it to "off?"

Pretty sure last version had this (I had it set to "off") & when I wanted to be cute, I'd click it to "on" (i.e. show my sig line).

Rich Lucibella
July 11, 2001, 10:34 PM
Checking now.....

Rich Lucibella
July 11, 2001, 10:35 PM
Well, the toggle works for me....post above shows no sig...this one does. It's a check box below the posting box.

That box's default can no longer be set in the User CP, except by deleting the signature line there.....I think.

July 12, 2001, 09:04 AM
Thanks, Rich - about what I thought. Last version you could default it to "off" in profile ....

No beef, but seems with the "upgrade," we got "less" - at least as this feature goes ....

July 12, 2001, 03:37 PM
The old version had my sig in it, new version does not. havent figured out yet how to put it back in. Maybe If I spent less time reading threads only I could figure it out..........