PDA

View Full Version : Troll on 6/15

Russ
June 18, 2001, 01:33 PM
On 6/15 I was on TFL and I read a post that said something to this effect "I am a Troll. I am a middle aged man... I log in bulletin board under different names.... It freaked me out.

There was a name and an address in Oregon. I then noticed that all the posts said the same thing. I remember Oatka and some other's posts all saying the same stuff.

Did the TFL get hacked, a virus introduced, or was this part of the problem you addressed in your annoucement?

I could not access TFL for the remainder of the day. Or was this something on my end? Did anyone else see this?

I really enjoy TFL. This a great service you are providing. This incident was very disturbing because I would hate to see this site be compromised for any reason.

Thanks for this great site.

Russ

Rich Lucibella
June 18, 2001, 02:24 PM
Nope-
It wasn't a hack.
That happened to be the post I had pulled up from the database at the same time I was working in another window..

When I screwed up the files, that one remained since the file was in use. When I filed it and moved on to correct my othert blunder, all deleted posts referenced that one for about 30 seconds.
Rich

Russ
June 19, 2001, 04:17 PM
Thanks Rich. Sorry for my sorry grammer and syntax. I'm not nearly as eloquent as many who post here.

Again, thanks so much for this site.

Russ