PDA

View Full Version : Is it about time for another Utah Gathering?

Correia
June 2, 2001, 01:16 PM
What do you guys think? Should we have a summer gathering, July or August? The last shoot was awesome! :D When are the best dates, considering vacations, drills, etc...

And we are getting big enough now we are going to have to do some serious planning before hand.

Also, don't let this get out to much. I have some left over shirts now that I'm all done with everything. Utahns get first dibs because then I don't have to worry about shipping them. Let me know if your interested.

So what do you guys say?

George Hill
June 2, 2001, 02:54 PM
We kinda just had one today...
The Nortel Networks/Cisco Systems game went off great. There was about 18 people there some spectating, others players wanting to walk on. The Cisco team was represented by some old friends of mine so I couldnt really punish them or dish out a lot of smack talk. We played a few games with a mix of the walk on players (Who are actually highly skilled tourney players) and we played a round of just Cisco and Nortel... during which we handed them their arses in a basket. It was good to see some TFL'ers out there... old Dave Holohan out there and Shaun (Caeca Invidia Es) Gilespie... Can't say I had the chance to paint them specifically but we did work them as a team. All in good fun. It was worth it and we all had good fun. I ran out of both paint and air. Shot 1,000 rounds of paint off one 20 ounce CO2 tank. Yeah - thats a lot of shots for one tank but thats one advantage to an Autococker thats tuned right. Paintball is seriously one of my passions.
Just wish I had more paint and air!

Oh - you mean to go shooting FIREARMS?
uh... Late July? August? I dont know... What do you guys think?

[Edited by George Hill on 06-02-2001 at 06:08 PM]

PvtPyle
June 2, 2001, 03:45 PM
Well, I'm back and game for it. I dont know if I'll be able to get the tents again, depends on the weekend, and I have a few new ideas to help keep the morons out of the impact area.

I brought back a few new toys from Italy and have most of my uniforms from Russia here. George, when you gonna come by and see the uniform choices for your team? I have four new LBV's that are for the AK and a couple more on the way. If you have an AK and have been toying with the idea of putting a 37mm under it, I have got a vest for you!

I'll have to check my drill schedual for the next few months on Tuesday, as for the other weekends, well, work can bite me.

Its good to be home!

George Hill
June 3, 2001, 11:14 AM
PB Uniforms... I'm gunna hafta wait... The Miss's Van has passed away and I'm buying her a new ride. A Jeep Wagoneer. Its got all the room - plus a V8 and Four Wheel Drive for the next gathering up on that mountain. :D

This time - I'll bring Brats and Drinks if maybe Pyle will lend me the use of an AK. I still have not purchased one yet. I'm really wanting a VEPR II but thats something else I am going to have to wait for. Maybe when I get that 600 bucks from George W Bush.

I have a couple tournaments left... all within the next few weekends and I'll be done for spell.

Correia
June 3, 2001, 11:28 AM
I don't work weekends so I'm usually pretty good. So everybody should chime in and then maybe we can throw out some suggested weekends.

And George, I look forward to getting my butt kicked at paintball by you and your Nortel bretheren. I'm rusty, out of shape, and a really big/slow moving target, oh yea it should work out just fine. ;) Good thing that I have a high pain threshold.

Caeca Invidia Es
June 3, 2001, 12:12 PM
I'm up for another shoot, still mad about missing the last one. Any weekend is good for me, I get em all off.

PvtPyle
June 3, 2001, 12:54 PM
George, come on by and look at them, as well as the other toys I have laying around. I can get them any time and it will give you a chance to get a concensus from the other guys as to what you want. I mean, I only have about 12 to choose from.

I have an extra AK or two laying around collecting dust that I think would appreciate the work out. I'll get my drill schedual Tuesday and let you guys know when I'm not available.

I promise to take pics and video this time! Anyone that misses this one after the fun we had last time will be sorry.

WVC
June 3, 2001, 08:39 PM
I'm in!

Any weekend either in July or August works for me.

Porter-Glockwell
June 4, 2001, 08:27 PM
Count me in. Any weekend is just fine. I've got my SKS-D all tricked out like I want it (pics coming soon) and I need to get one of those vests from Pyle ASAP. I just hope Bob Munden will lend me his pistol skills for another weekend :) (I should be so lucky)

MiniZ
June 4, 2001, 10:43 PM
I'm game for any weekend in that time frame. I've got a new .45 and a 44mag that need a workout.
I could bring out by trap thrower(single only, but hey, its still fun), if anyone showed interest.

Correia, I am interested in your little "secret", depending on what you have.

Zane

Correia
June 5, 2001, 08:33 AM
Zane, I'll e-mail you the list when I get home. I've got a handthrower I can bring also. We can have a combat skeet range! :D

What kind of .45 did you get?

MiniZ
June 5, 2001, 06:40 PM
Correia:
Springfeild "Champion"(Loaded of course). I have always liked the Commander/Champion size, and found one that suited my tastes. Parkerized with Novak sights and wood grips. I am a happy boy!
Zane

Meiji_man
June 5, 2001, 07:54 PM
Ya'll want me to bring Miss Peterson and my two buds?
Camera too of course and we got Two dead monitors at work

George Hill
June 6, 2001, 10:35 AM
More monitors... he he he. Cool.
Where were you for the last one? We didn't have monitors - but we had a lot of heads Pyle got from a beauty school. Range looked like a sick Monty Python skit.

Correia
June 6, 2001, 01:31 PM
Rather than just e-mail this to people seperatly this is what I have left over in TFL shirts.

S Black LS $17.00
2x Navy LS big logo on back $22.00
2x Green SS $15.00 (2)
L Navy SS big logo on back $17.00
XL Ash Golf, big logo $22.00 But this one is old, and doesn't have the Molon Labe logo. Only TFL.
3 hats (but I'm still holding one for Cacea). So 2 hats.

Meiji! Bring those monitors. Those things are great. I can get a hold of a bunch of old sheet metal casings from my job. But I don't know how good of targets they will be just yet.

Monkeyleg
June 6, 2001, 04:59 PM
With any luck I'll be taking my annual cycle trip to the southwest in July. Are cheeseheads welcome?

Dick

skyder
June 6, 2001, 10:31 PM
Monkeyleg
If your timing isn't right for the TFL shoot, I'm SURE that a special addendum shoot can be set up to accomodate your schedule!!
We aim to please.
You aim too, please.

PvtPyle
June 7, 2001, 09:43 AM
Lets shoot (he he he, get it?) for July. Hopefully it wont be ungodly hot quite yet (plus I'm getting twitchy) and we will need some new sun shades. I also have a few items that need to be field tested for my upcomming web sight. I need a couple of volunters to wear a fully loaded vest for a couple of hours while we shoot to give me a review of its comfort and functionallity. Any takers?

Correia
June 7, 2001, 10:09 AM
I'll wear the vest. Provided that you don't mind me sweating all over it. :)

PvtPyle
June 7, 2001, 10:41 AM
They wash and thats the point.

I have drill the 23-24 of this month and in July I have it the 21-22 (unless they cut me loose and I can get a freebee while transitioning to the Guard). How about July 14th or 28th?

I know WVC said he would hold the BBQ at his house but if not I may be able to swing mama Meagen into letting us do it again. She really enjoyed meeting the other Utah Range Widows so everyone make sure they bring their spouses.

I am thinking of putting up a URW page on my web sight(when ever it finally gets done), wadda you guys think?

MiniZ
June 7, 2001, 06:29 PM
I'm good for the 14th or 28th. Pvt Pyle, if you need another vest volunteer, I am game.

Zane

skyder
June 7, 2001, 07:06 PM
I think the 28th is open for me. Does sound like a long time in the future, though.
No rules against practice shoots before then? :)

George Hill
June 7, 2001, 08:44 PM
28th of July? That sounds dandy.

WVC
June 7, 2001, 09:41 PM
B.B.Q. at my house is fine. I need at least a 2 week notice so I can get the back yard looking the way it is supposed to, and get all the dog poop up off of the yard. Let me know what you all think of this.

Meiji_man
June 8, 2001, 01:15 AM
The 14th is bad for me, My friend Trav, (remember him the tactical one?) Is getting married that day. I'm playing Best-man and Offensive Tackle.

Correia
June 8, 2001, 08:29 AM
The 28th sounds good to me. If I have any plans for that day, I'll cancel them. :)

And give my congratulations to Trav. He will never know what hit him.

PvtPyle
June 8, 2001, 09:36 AM
Shall we all shoot for the 28th then?

WVC
June 8, 2001, 11:05 AM
The 28th works for me.

Porter-Glockwell
June 8, 2001, 01:14 PM
28th is good for me too.

George Hill
June 8, 2001, 05:16 PM
Any of you guys PAINTBALL?
Be kinda fun if we had a little skirmish.

Porter-Glockwell
June 8, 2001, 05:33 PM
If the wife would let me buy the gear I would be all over paintball. I played extensively in HS but sold all my stuff when I turned 19 to help pay for my 2 year stint in Italy. Even played with a sponsored team for a while. Then again, if I had the money for that gear I would probably just spend it on real guns now.

PvtPyle
June 8, 2001, 06:06 PM
I need your help, I'm working real hard at turning Porter into as big of a junkie as I am. He is getting an earlier start than I did so with the right "direction" and encouragement from his elders, he'll have some REALLY cool toys for us to play with by the time he is our age!

MiniZ
June 8, 2001, 06:21 PM
28th works for me.
Zane

Porter-Glockwell
June 8, 2001, 07:38 PM
edited to avoid further incrimination... andbecause you've all read it anyway :)

Doug444
June 10, 2001, 11:36 PM
Looks like I can make this one if you have it on the 28th! I'll be back from Scout camp the week before, and a week away from my Hunter Ed. Class shooting day, so I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one!

Doug444

Meiji_man
June 11, 2001, 12:26 PM
It's stories like that that keep me single.

That and my looks.

And my Truck...
And my Job...
:D

Correia
June 11, 2001, 01:03 PM
Porter, keep at her. But don't be obnoxious about it. Someday maybe she will see the light. Overall you have a good marriage and that is the important thing. So what you've got to do is get a job that pays absurdly large sums of money so then it won't matter how many guns you buy. ;)

Meiji, don't take that as a bad sign of marriage. I've bought 4 guns since I've graduated from college, all with Mrs. Correia's blessings. Took my wife shooting on Saturday and she pretty much claimed the Makarov. :) She is very supportive of my habit, and has helped me to stash firearms around the house in good defensive positions. She also chided me for not bringing any .40 ammo with us so that she could practice with the "kitchen" gun. But then again she is a very practical person. (And she is hot). So I'm all in favor of marriage.

Porter-Glockwell
June 11, 2001, 01:14 PM
I do have a great marraige. Sorry for the rant guys, I was just mad on friday because I was taking hell from the wife about my new assault vest. Everything is back to normal now, but I do wish I could get her more involved in my hobbies. Thanks for the concern guys. I better get to work on getting that ultra high paying job. Sorry if I scared ya off menji, but marriage really is awesome.

MiniZ
June 11, 2001, 06:36 PM
I'v got a pretty sweet deal at my house. My wife and I more or less keep our money separate(which in some ways works to my disadvantage, since my wife makes loads of money). Anyway, as long as I pay my share of the common bills, I am free to do what I want with the rest. :p

WVC
June 12, 2001, 01:40 PM
So are we all in agreement---the 28th?

BBQ at my house on the 27th?

I'm getting a new "toy" this Friday, and I'm dying to try it out!

George Hill
June 12, 2001, 02:46 PM
Sounds good to me.

Dead
June 12, 2001, 03:52 PM
I'll start walking tonight.. Should be there in about 2 weeks.... Whats about 2000 miles ;)

Caeca Invidia Es
June 12, 2001, 09:17 PM
28th works for me. Will be there.

PvtPyle
June 12, 2001, 11:28 PM
Here is what I need from all of you guys.

1) Lunch for yourself on Satuday, unless we want to do a pot luck kind of thing for George's brats.

2) Any sun shades that you may have. I may not have the tents from last time so if you have a sun shade of any size or type let me know. It's gonna be hot.

3) Some people to be at the shoot sight early to help set up and do the field test. I have 8 vests to test out and a few camo patterns as well. We will set up, post the signs and conduct a patrol to test the comfort of the vests and try out the camo in our given terrain.

4) how many people will need sitters. I figure we have the Range Widows come out at lunch time and stay for a few hours to get in some range practice. I know Meagen needs some handgun instruction so any females out there that can help would be great. Are you reading this Elizabeth? :-) I will try to line up a sitter (or two) for a few hours to take the youngens on an activity. Maybe the Zoo or something like that so it may cost us a few dollars in addition to the babysitter. A small price to pay for some tranquill range time.

5) Any food assignment or needs WVC may have for us. What do you want me to bring besides my charm and whit? Dont be a hero, this gets expensive so tell us what you need (I charged all of mine to the company ;-).

Anyone interested in the morning patrol please email me with the weapon you want to use or the one you have and we'll figure out which vest will work for you. Some may not be vests, like Larry's, you get the German web gear for your FAL. Please bring everything you would want to carry into the field, it doesn't matter what it is, just bring it/wear it. The point is to push this equipment and find it's weak and strong points for a review.

Lastly, bring a friend or co-worker and lets introduce them to the wonderfull world of shooting. Thats means anyone that has good toys please bring them(class III's, DD's, somebody call Destiny please), we need a good show for everyone.

See you soon!

Correia
June 13, 2001, 08:32 AM
I have a friend in Logan who just bought a AR 50. I'll contact him and see if he wants to come out. And skyder knows somebody who is a class III collector, he is planning on inviting.

Having our wives come out at lunch is a great idea.

Also maybe we should form another scouting party. I drove by there the other day and it looked like there might be some other good spots a bit farther down the road that might not have as many folks on dirtbikes or guys with metal detectors looking for lead. :) But then again those other spots won't have the 650 yard magic rock.

PvtPyle
June 13, 2001, 09:33 AM
I can go with that. I get home about 1845 and it has been light out until about 2200 so if you guys want to go after work thats cool with me. Same applies for Saturdays.

Porter-Glockwell
June 13, 2001, 12:11 PM
A little further down the road (3/4 mile) there is another flat range that is less crowded. 1000 yards + You can also get right up to it without a 4x4. the land is flat, so there will be less of those 4 wheel junkies cruising through. At about 1200 yards there is a great mountain backstop. I think if we went early and posted signs we would be set. That first place gets crowded. This other spot is a bit more secluded, so there might not be as many people around. I'll come early to try out my vest and help set up as well. Hope to get the wife out there around noon-1:00 (if she'll come this time) let me when you want to scout pyle, I don't get off work until 20:00 but I know right where the spot is. Saturday mornings are even better for me.

Doug444
June 13, 2001, 02:16 PM
Got the 27th and 28th blocked off for this. I MAY have access to one of those 10'x20' tarp/carport deals, and if so I'll need 3 other guys to put it up. They worked quite well on our Scout shooting campout. I'll need an email with directions to WVC's place for the BBQ - anyone interested in a smoked caribou roast? I THINK I have one left.
I'll contact my Class III buddy and see if he can make it that weekend.

Doug444

WVC
June 13, 2001, 04:43 PM
Doug444,

You have mail.

PvtPyle
June 13, 2001, 05:57 PM
Lets give it a shot but I have to be here early on Saturday for work. We can give it a shot afterwork and then you guys can confirm it with Porter on a Saturday.

MiniZ
June 13, 2001, 06:06 PM
I can probably make it "early" to help w/ set up, etc, if it is after 8:00. My mother-in-law will take my child around that time.

Zane

Porter-Glockwell
June 13, 2001, 06:22 PM
Oh Larry, there IS a 650 yard magic rock at the other place. It is out across the flat plain, and not up on a hill like the other one. We shot it with a friend's .458 and STW last time we were there. Puts off very visible dust clouds. Let me know when you want to go and i'll show you exactly where it is.

MiniZ
June 18, 2001, 10:17 PM
>>

Karsten
June 19, 2001, 09:22 PM
no promises but I am gonna try to get there. I hear from MiniZ I be in the running to compete with Pvt Pyle on way cool guns
with stuff like these http://photoasa.com/disk2/3063/57197_VMatch1.jpg or something like this Pyle http://photoasa.com/disk2/3063/57561_Stoner2.jpg
I bet I could hit the magic rock with this http://photoasa.com/disk2/3063/58447_M1Ascp.jpg

I will try to be there on the 28th for a bit.

Karsten

PvtPyle
June 20, 2001, 12:07 PM
Those are pretty nice! You'll fit right in.

The family:

George Hill
June 20, 2001, 10:20 PM
A regular "Brady" Bunch... :D

MiniZ
June 21, 2001, 09:13 AM
Families are forever!!

Zane

WVC
June 25, 2001, 01:21 PM
BTT

Goet
July 12, 2001, 01:01 PM
Not sure if i can make it that day. I'd really like to bring the wife, so a lot depends on what _we_ decide.

Besides, I don't have much in the way of longarms so I'd be wallpaper.

Where are you guys meeting on that Sat. morning?

Correia
July 12, 2001, 01:11 PM
Goet. Even if you don't have much in the way of long arms; BRING AMMO! Trust me, very few of us have any problem sharing our guns. I have tried probably a dozen guns that I have never shot before since I started coming to the Utah Gatherings. Wound up buying my favorite one as well. :)

I'm not sure the details of when or exactly where we are meeting. I'll let PvtPyle post that as he was out scouting, and he also wanted some of us to show up early to help him test out some of his vests.

Porter-Glockwell
July 12, 2001, 01:45 PM
Goet, trust me you will not be wallpaper. We shoot lots of handguns too, so bring what you've got. Also at the last shoot there were about 20 people and about 50 long guns. I only own 2 guns (Glock and AK) and I had a great time at the last one. There will be plenty. You are welcome to shoot my SAR-1 (Romanian AK) while I'm smoking Correia's expensive 1911 with my crappy plastic Glock in the baloon races. ;)

PvtPyle
July 12, 2001, 02:22 PM
Let try to meet at the sight (same as last time) about 7am. we can set up whatever we need and start the patrol before it gets unGodly hot.

For those interseted in a casual shoot before hand I found a nice little place about 10 min from the house in the hills in front of my house that will accomodate a few shooters. I would still be skeptical about holding a full on TFL shoot there, the neighbors may not like all the traffic. There are tons of spent casings there so I know lots of people have shot there. A nice little bowl about 1/6th the size of the one we had the last shoot at.

Goet
July 12, 2001, 02:51 PM
Called the wife. She isn't worried about you kooks too much, so we just might make it to the BBQ.

What do I bring?

As for the shoot: she's going on her 7th month, so I'll be coming alone.

Should I bring just .223? Any other popular ammos that I should buy?

I will drag the new (old) 8mm for the tests. Anyone know the turn around on milsurp 8mm shipping? Think I can order some in and have it there before the 28th?

Anyone know where I can get some instate to save on time and shipping costs?

Porter-Glockwell
July 12, 2001, 03:04 PM
7.62x39 was the most commonly used rifle round at the last shoot, followed by .223? for cheap ammo of any kind, you might want to try VanWagonens (sp?) in Orem. They usually have pretty good deals.

Goet
July 12, 2001, 03:43 PM
Van Wags is my favorite place to buy guns.

Guess I'll be making a trip to Orem to buy some ammo unless I can find it here cheaper.

Porter-Glockwell
July 12, 2001, 03:53 PM
if you want to go early Saturday morning I'll go with ya. Thining of picking up a few things myself, and even if i don't, it never hurts to 'look' :D

Goet
July 12, 2001, 04:50 PM
Let's make it a date

*smooch*;)

Correia
July 12, 2001, 05:24 PM
In rifle calibers I would say 7.62x39, then .223, then .308, then 5.45, then 7.62x54r. Those were probably the most common calibers in order of rifles present. But there were lots of other things as well like 30-06 (bring '06, if you like Garands), 25-06 and 22-250. I'm still trying to see if I can get my friend with the AR-50 to come out. And I think that around here the cheapest ammo prices is at Patriot on Redwood, though I don't own an 8mm so I don't know what their prices are like. In pistols there was just about one of everything.

Porter, please. :D Your memory is going. I only lost once, and that was to PvtPyle and his 1911! Your super speed shot beat Bart (I think it was him). But it wasn't me, I was standing behind you and got to see the lightning draw myself!

Though I was beaten out in Dugway a couple of weeks ago by both George Hill and Mykl. But they were also shooting 1911s. :) I just couldn't seem to hit anything that day.

PvtPyle
July 12, 2001, 05:45 PM
Hey, what can I say? Every dog has his day and I guess that was mine! I couldn't hit squat out at Dugway either. Now that I have a cobra I want to try the drags with battle rifles! What do you say Porter, you down for that?

I have drill this weekend but maybe you guys should come over Sat early evening and come see my new spot. Maybe WVC and George can sneak away for a few too.

Porter-Glockwell
July 12, 2001, 06:34 PM
Um, sorry Goet.. I didn't know you were that kind of guy... I think I'll be busy on Saturday after all... :)

I was just teasin' ya Larry, I made the joke because you smoked me every time and I want a rematch.

Pvtpyle... hell yes, Kobra equipped AK contest. I'm there. :D

Correia
July 12, 2001, 07:23 PM
Aw. I was just lucky is all. :) Seriously, even I can have a good day once in awhile.

I'm up for a little battle rifle contest. Hmm... We are going to have to do it differently though. The muzzle blast alone would be enough to break them at close range. I've got a feeling that I might be at a disadvantage with my FAL vs. the cobra AK for close and fast, it really shines at hitting things far away and hard. But I'll definatly give it a shot. I'm going to have to give this some thought. Battle Rifle Racing.

Karsten
July 12, 2001, 08:39 PM
I know I talked to Porter and compared notes with MiniZ so can somone tell me about where the site is. I am gonna do my darnesest to make it if I can stay away form gun stores. If not I am gonna be broke and lots of toys but no ammo :rolleyes:
Just bought a new Savage 110FP in .308 and laid away a NIB Pre Ban BM A2 that has never been owned.
If anyone is interested, the place have 5 more as well.

Goet, If I can make the shoot.....I don't have a AK but I would have a new M1A, Savage 110fp in .308, and bring along my 16 inch Vmatch, 16 inch Dissapator and a Stoner M4 and I have a few very compact 45's that need some rounds through them as well.

Buy the way I have 3 SKS's for sale....Help me pay for may Pre Ban. Two are way tricked out with cammo paint, Drag stocks, scopes, lasers and I shortened the barrel on one. I also have a USGI cammo sorta desert/grassland stock and handgaurd that has never been fitted...Have pic's if interested.

Oh, Pyle...I got you beat I think. If I could do a family portrait it would be made up of over 27 members, if I didn't forget a few
:confused:

Karsten

PvtPyle
July 13, 2001, 01:40 PM
Hey man cut me some slack;) I'm young and on a very short finacial leash with the little woman! I manage to sneak a few thru every now and then!:D

Bring them to the shoot, maybe one of the bolt/cowboy shooters will see the light and need a decent semi!

To get to the sight go to the Lehi four corners stop light (used to just be a north south stop sign) and go south. At about the 10 mile mark you will se a posterboard sign with "TFL" in bright orange letters. Turn in there and go up the hill, I'm pretty sure you wont miss us:D If you dont have a 4x there will be a number on the back of the TFL sign, call it and one of us will come down to help you get your gear up the hill.

MiniZ
July 13, 2001, 10:20 PM
AAAARRRRRRGGH!!
The Salt Lake County Corporate games start on the day of our TFL shoot. I fluked into being the 2nd best male shooter in my business, so I committed to shoot.

However, I don't know when the Trap event is(may not even be the 27th), so there is some hope. At any rate, I will be there, even if it is a little later in the day. I like bustin' clays, but nothing beats a .45, and a little AK/MIA/God knows what else/ action
Zane

Karsten
July 13, 2001, 10:41 PM
Yo, Silver suit...Mini Z wanta car pool deal if you have to go later in the day? Meet in SLC somewhere and run down if you are just going for the afternoon.
And I have a M14 stock for you as well.

Let's see, Porter is form up this way as well.

Just a thought as long as don't get pulled over....hate to explain the mess.

Karsten

MiniZ
July 14, 2001, 09:57 AM
Sounds good Karsten. Let me find out the particulars on the Corporate Games, and lets see what we can work out.

Zane

George Hill
July 23, 2001, 04:01 PM
THIS FRIDAY! Make your plans...
I'm bringing some brats... several packs so there is some to go around - Kraut, Mustard, buns... Gotta EAT if you want to shoot well and its proven that brats & kraut can improve your shooting as much as 20% ;)
If someone else could bring a few packs too - that would be great... I dont know how many people are coming.
Uh - one last thing and very important.
:( I still dont have a grill. If someone could please bring a grill large enough to do more than 5 brats at a time - that would be great!

Doug444
July 23, 2001, 05:32 PM
George - are you referring to Friday's BBQ or at the shoot on SATURDAY? I can bring one of those little propane grills - they hold more than 5, depending on the size of the brats. (Size DOES count after all!!) Sounds like I don't have NEAR enough ammo, and no time to reload as I'm still trying to finish up putting down hardwood floors. I just got another 100 rounds of .38 Super and I guess that should make my total about 150 or so of that, plus a couple of boxes of factory .444 Marlin, a box or so of .30 Carbine (my Blackhawk and Marlin 62 lever), and some miscellaneous .44 Mag. for the Redhawk. I'll just have to bring what I can!

Let me know about the grill at the BBQ Friday.

Doug444

George Hill
July 23, 2001, 10:54 PM
No - this is for SATURDAY!
You have to eat at the shoot or you will be hungry and you will not be able to shoot very well.