PDA

View Full Version : Bring Your guns and Pray It doesn't rain Again!! Pennsylvania TFL shoot!!!

Jamie Young
May 26, 2001, 06:28 PM
Since it we had such bad weather today The shoot is going to be moved ahead two weeks to Sunday June 10th. Let me know what you all think about that date?

dinosaur
May 26, 2001, 06:38 PM
The next weekend would be a problem.

Did you go or not? The weather never cleared up here.

rms/pa
May 26, 2001, 07:07 PM
4 of us showed up , very nice site,yes it rained...
slowed some but never stopped raining. had fun anyway
dead brought the most toys..... love that SAR.

100 yd pistol was a real test for me... failed it misarably
but was good fun.... love that SAR

rms/pa

Jamie Young
May 26, 2001, 07:11 PM
rms/pa you missed my 300yd shot with my Model 70!!! I got a lot done even though it was bad weather. I hope you can make the next shoot even though you said you didn't think you could.

Dead
May 26, 2001, 07:51 PM
Soda yeah that shot was nice!!! I guess a few more poeple are getting SAR's soon now huh??? They are pretty sweet, and hell of of lotta fun! I will send the pictures, yes all two of them, that I took. I will be out here from the next shoot on the 10th. Hopefully it will be better weather! I will bring more stuff to the next one :)

Jamie Young
May 26, 2001, 09:44 PM
Yes SAR's are sweet guns!! I think I can go over to the Rifle Forum and post some opinions on the 5.45x39 round now. I'm going to bring everything I own with me, and the 700rds of 45acp that I never got to shoot. Next time I'm gonna set up a clay at 500yds and blow the #$@! out of it! Actually I think I'll bring some balloons up and shoot them. I wanted to do more shooting with my Mini 14 but I ran out of ammo. And I forgot to bring my SKS :(

Matrix
May 26, 2001, 10:57 PM
I'll have to miss it, as we'll be packing to move from Indiana to Bucks County, PA that weekend. Maybe next time,
I'd like to meet some shooters in the area.

Dead
May 27, 2001, 01:17 AM
Ok I'll I have to bring more SAR's next time, Fun little round that 5.45x39. When I get home tomorrow(today), I'll post those pics. I also got one of my friend's saying they will come out to the next shoot, as long as I let them bring their baby.... :D

I gotta remember to bring a shell deflector for that SAR, or use the end o the line.

I just saw Peral Harbor at the Regal in Quakertown WOW long movie started at 10:30, just got in. Damn good too!

Oh yeah remind me to get a shell deflector for that SAR!!! I killed Soda's Soda with a 5.45 shell casing!!!!!

Jamie Young
May 27, 2001, 09:45 AM
Yeah thats right, My Coke can was an innocent bystander and got wacked with a 5.45x39 shell for no good reason. It is a good idea to bring a shell deflector, especially if a lot of people are there.

Marcus
May 27, 2001, 10:08 AM
I can`t believe I missed this thread! Good thing for me it rained today. ;) June 10th is good for me, count me in. :) Marcus

K80Geoff
May 27, 2001, 04:42 PM
Getting showered with SAR 2 brass while trying to shoot . Found brass (or is it steel?) in my sweater afterwards. Curse you Dead, now I'll have to get an SAR 2;)

Can't understand why only four of us showed up. The range was covered and shooting was quite pleasant. ARs and AKs are made to function in the rain.

We had the range to ourselves. Very nice layout, all the way out to 500 yds:eek:

Bring your Shotguns next time, they have a new 5 stand next to the pistol range:)

I'm beginning to think I am a jinx, bad weather every time Soda plans one of these shoots. If I promise not to come will you guys show up?

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
May 27, 2001, 05:09 PM
NO Geoff you better come! I actually liked shooting in the rain. I shot my 22magnum 200yds and shot a 7inch group. Not too bad for a gun thats not suppose be able hit anything that far out, especially in the rain. You should put a scope your AR Geoff so you can shoot out to 300-500yds. I'm going to bring some balloons next time for 300,400 and 500yds.

Dead
May 28, 2001, 07:04 AM
K80Geoff,

Now you have to get a SAR2, and return the favor with all that steel I dumped on you :) (aimsurplus.com has them @ $240 ea. still). Ok now on to the pics!! (Yes all two of them)

Here is one of the range, it doesnt do it justice!
http://members.spree.com/sci-fi/aowdead/RifleRange.jpg

Here is one of SodaPop. (Note his can of Coke before I took it out, with a spent 5.45 caseing)
http://members.spree.com/sci-fi/aowdead/SodaPop&SAR1.jpg

K80Geoff
May 28, 2001, 09:30 AM
You can just barely see the 500 yard berm in the pictures! Nice photos, take more next time!

BTW - rms/pa, there is an interesting thread on the 38 S & W on the 1911 forum:

http://www.1911forum.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002642.html

Nice to see guns with history like yours.

Geoff Ross

[Edited by K80Geoff on 05-28-2001 at 12:59 PM]

Jamie Young
May 28, 2001, 10:11 AM
How Ironic you took a picture of me, with a can of Soda,and gun in my hand :D

darogue1
May 28, 2001, 10:52 AM
June 10 could have been perfect for me. A sunday,my weekend off aah. Now wait what are these...... advanced tickets to WWII weekend at the airfield in Reading. It just is not fair.---DAROGUE1

Jamie Young
May 28, 2001, 11:25 AM
So go to the WWII think on Saturday? Kyle your Uncle had an SAR didn't he?

Dead
May 30, 2001, 03:53 PM
hmmm anyone alive in here?

K80Geoff, SodaPop, RMS/PA... Get a SAR2 Yet???? :D

darogue1
May 30, 2001, 07:07 PM
I would go on Sat but I work night shift friday night and it is too late to ask for a day off. Also going with a bunch of people on sunday. If I could have gone Sat it would have been an excellent weekend I'm sure of that! Yea my uncle has a SAR in 7.62x39 but we haven't shot it yet. Shoot strait-----DAROGUE1

Dead
May 30, 2001, 11:16 PM
darogue1,

We are their late for the most part, we left at ummm 6pm when it was RAINING!! So show up! :)

[Edited by Dead on 05-31-2001 at 01:09 PM]

Jamie Young
May 31, 2001, 04:44 PM
I never fired an M1Carbine so you better show Darogue. Plus your Uncle's SAR will fit in nice. And I have my "TRAILER PARK AR" with me.

Dead
June 1, 2001, 01:40 PM
What is a "TRAILER PARK AR"??? I would guess you mean a Mini-14?? Those are nice :)

I am still working some people over to see if they will come out for this. I some people that live right down 309 that might come out????

Jamie Young
June 2, 2001, 06:09 PM
I never heard anyone call a Mini 14 a Trailer Park AR until Darogue told me. I'm still waiting for him to start a Thread over at the Rifle Forum with that title. Maybe after a few of you guys witness a 2MOA Mini 14 next week I'll post something. I'm going to see if I can hit paper at 400yds next week with mine. I have to do some reloading first though.

I'm wondering what happened to everyone nobody responded to my June 10th date. I wonder if everyone got the email? Dead and Geoff did you guys get an email from me last week about the new date? Or did you just see the new Thread here?

Dead
June 3, 2001, 10:00 AM
I got both of the emails that you sent SodaPop.

I did not reply as I already said I would be out at the next meet, before the last one ended :D Hopefully I can get a few others to come out with me this time.

K80Geoff
June 3, 2001, 11:45 AM
Yes I got the E Mail.

Like I said I'm not coming so that the other guys will come. I know they haven't come because I am there so if I din't show up they will be there. :rolleyes:

OK, how about a 400 yd shot with iron sights with my AR:) I believe I can do it if the target is a man sized silouette (one of those pistol targets the IDPA guys use). I hope somebody has a good scope, my scope is useless beyond 200 yds, need good glass to spot the rounds.

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
June 3, 2001, 01:59 PM
Ok well I'll email a few people this week and try and get word. Geoff you better come out!!!!!!!!! I am going to try and pick up a few big targets for the 400-500yd shooting.

Dead
June 3, 2001, 05:41 PM
I can try to get some targets!!! Hmmmm Wonder how much watermellons are right now??? :D Been trying to call my freind to see if I can crash at her place, but line is busy damn it!! I should never have fixed her internet! ;)

Oh yeah one of my friends is coming out!! I had to let them borrow one of my toys though (AK Baby for them).

Soda what time do you think you will be out on the range by??? We will most likely be spending Saturday night there so we can make it pretty early!!! :D

P.S. More SAR's this time, not to mention a M1 also! :)

I think I better buy more ammo though, I am running low on that 5.45x39 stuff...

Jamie Young
June 3, 2001, 07:35 PM
I am going to get there around 11am. I actually forget what time the range opens on Sundays. I think its 9am most of the time but sunday it might be later. I love this range because you can do so much there. I got my FAL back a few days ago so thats coming up with me. FAL,Mini 14, SKS, Colt 1991A1, Beretta 92FS and maybe my Model 70 again. I just did 300rds for the Mini so I'll probable do most of my shooting with that and the FAL. I'm going to email a few people right now just because I haven't heard from anyone.

Dead
June 4, 2001, 02:39 PM
SodaPop, think they would let us shoot some watermellons on the range?? I could see if I could find some out in Quakertown on my drive in :D

K80Geoff
June 4, 2001, 02:59 PM
I kinda got the impression that the range would not approve of Watermelons. They seem to like to keep the place neat and orderly. Rotting fruit would not help their image among the old fart Sporting Clays Crowd.

Better ask first, and we would have to clean up afterward.

Although watermelons would be fun:)

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
June 4, 2001, 06:14 PM
Instead of Shooting WaterMellons why not EAT watermellons!! I doubt they would let us unless nobody else was at the range.

10CFR
June 5, 2001, 03:12 AM
Looks like I'm [probably] working all weekend again. :(
-10CFR

Marcus
June 5, 2001, 09:15 PM
Hope the weather holds. Anyone planning on goin even if it rains? Is there a place to shoot "combat" shotgun? Marcus

Jamie Young
June 5, 2001, 09:37 PM
What do you mean Combat shotgun? There is a shotgun range and a pistol range you could shoot shotguns at. I think its safe to say Geoff,Dead and I will show up even if WWIII breaks out. I told everyone in the last thread the Rifle range is covered pretty well and you won't get wet. Well Guess what WE DIDN'T GET WET!! I think the weather is looking good as far as what the Weather man is saying. I'll be there with my FAL rain or shine. Even my Uncle backed out of going last time. SHEEEEESH

Marcus
June 5, 2001, 09:55 PM
I meant non skeet shotgun,ya know buckshot and such. :) Some places frown at buckshot on pistol ranges. Well, cool that`s one more toy to bring. I just wish I had more ammo and or more money for ammo. ;) Well I`ll be there with my a few pistols,a carbine and a shotgun at least. Marcus

Jamie Young
June 5, 2001, 10:17 PM
By the way Geoff Check out this thread to boost your Moral. Were going to have to keep sticking to this stuff until more people come. I have 17 people from PA that said they were either coming or were interested in coming two weeks ago so don't get down on this. One of these days were going to have a Million People show up. out.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=57757

Dead
June 6, 2001, 01:24 AM
I'll be there with one of my friend's, we are heading out there Friday Night/Saturday afternoon.. Staying at my freind's again.... She is making PIE for me, Damn can she cook! :D

Ok I need to get up sooooooonnnn 5:30am ugh I am Dead.

OH YEAH SodaPop, you think they would allow us to shot at Milk Jugs full of water??? Good "kaboom" effect and VERY easy to clean up... Wonder if we could see a hit on one of those @ 500 with 30-06 HPs???

I know a 10ga Slug @ 20yards or so does it in.

[Edited by Dead on 06-06-2001 at 12:13 PM]

Jamie Young
June 6, 2001, 05:17 PM
Bring the water jugs and if nobody else is there we can ask inside if its ok. I'm going to see if I can bring balloons.

crffl
June 7, 2001, 06:16 PM
Sounds like fun, and I always wanted to try something longer than 200 yards. Problem is my eyesight sucks anymore, I'd be lucky if I could the target that far !

Ballons are the way to go ! Can't see that being a problem for them since they are easy enough to clean up afterwards.

I thought I had been to that range before, but it doesn't look like I remembered ? The handgun area is covered ? Did they do some renovation there lately ?

K80Geoff
June 7, 2001, 09:23 PM
OK !

The pistol range is not covered. It also had a sign that shotguns were NOT allowed on the pistol range. Just thought I would warn you folks.

The shotgun range next to the pistol range is a 5 stand, clay target range.

If you guys want to shoot buck maybe we can set up something on the rifle range, that would make more sense.

Geoff Ross

Dead
June 8, 2001, 08:56 AM
Lets get a Head Count for this...

My Friend, Me, SodaPop, K80Geoff, crffl, Marcus,
????????.

Jamie Young
June 8, 2001, 04:21 PM
I have two from FNFAL.com that said they ARE COMING. Don't forget Dinosaur.

dinosaur
June 8, 2001, 04:52 PM
How far is it from where you park to the line? I have a problem walking so I`ll be bringing my handtruck.

I`m also going to bring my AR. I think I`ll try the 400 yarder.:D Do you guys have enough targets for that? I have life size "thug" targets if anyone wants to combat shoot.

How will we know each other? Is there a spot to look for you?

Dead
June 8, 2001, 05:07 PM
dinosaur, not very far if you can get a good spot! I would say ummm 50 feet max???

Oh umm how would we know who is from TFL or what?? Just walk up and start asking away... That is what I did when I went up there 2 weeks ago....

So that makes about 10 or so.. Nice!

Jamie Young
June 8, 2001, 10:19 PM
Yeah Dead walked up and said ARE YOU SODAPOP :)
Dinosaur you can drive right up to the pistol range. If you are there early you can park 10 feet behind the table. We can all pile into my van to drive down range from 100-500yds. If you bring some thug targets Dead and I will help cart the Guns and Ammo for you. I'll probable be the guy with a Soda in one hand and an FAL in the other LOOK FOR ME :D!
Oh and count one more from FNFAL.com
The weather looks great for sunday GEOFF DID YOU BACK OUT OR SOMETHING ??? Just kidding!! This should be fun if a bunch of FAL people show up. To this day I have never seen anyone at a rifle range with an FAL. The one and only time I took my FAL to this range everyone asked me what it was.

dinosaur
June 9, 2001, 05:13 AM
I`ll probably be there 11-11:30. Looks like a nice day.

Dead
June 9, 2001, 06:26 AM
Have another TFL member that said they are going to be there :D

I am packing my digital camera as I speak (or is that type), and my friend should be bringing theirs also. So we can take LOTS of pictures this time, not just two like last time ;)

dinosaur, yeah there will be plenty of help to carry things there if you need it. (As long as you dont bring an eighteen wheeler FULL of stuff ;) )

Dead
June 9, 2001, 11:24 AM
Ok This is tomorrow, anyone BUY a SAR2 since the last meet??? :D

Jamie Young
June 9, 2001, 03:31 PM
Nah we're all planning on shooting yours all day. :cool: