PDA

View Full Version : I've been getting DOZENS of "there seems to be..."

Mike Irwin
May 2, 2001, 12:20 PM
"a slight problem with our database" errors over the last 2 days.

Is anyone else getting this, or is it a problem with my configuration?

Rich Lucibella
May 2, 2001, 12:26 PM
Everybody is....hopefully, we can now say "was".
:mad:
Rich

Jason Demond
May 2, 2001, 04:45 PM
I haven't seen one for two days.

Hal
May 2, 2001, 05:08 PM
*******************VIGLANTe SecureDispatch PARTNER ALERT*******************

******************US Systems at Risk From Chinese Hackers******************

The fallout from the recent US/Chinese spy plane incident goes far beyond the tension between our respective governments. Since early April, US hacktivists have launched a relentless assault on Chinese web servers with a steady stream of DoS attacks and defacements. Since Monday alone, there were 32 defacements of web sites with Chinese domain names.

Hackers in China have mobilized, and plan on striking US based web sites in retaliation. Already, several sites have been victimized, but the carnage expects to continue for the next several weeks. Your clients should be made aware of the potential risks to their infrastructure.

Read Articles:

{Dead links removed)

This only serves to emphasize the need for you and your clients to remain ever vigilant when it comes to Internet security. Organizations should regularly monitor their vulnerabilities, and address as many of them as possible. The more difficult it is for a hacker to enter a site, the more likely they'll move on to an easier target. VIGILANTe's services offer the capability to accurately assess an organization's security, and Security by Subscription means that you can easily maintain your client's requisite level of security.

VIGILANTe - Security by Assessment

The links no longer function so i removed them, and the wording is designed to "scare", more than inform so take it with a huge grain of salt. A DoS (denial of service) attack is a possibility to consider here. The chances of TFL being singled out are pretty slim, but if the errors continue a call to the upstream provider to monitor the connection might not be a bad idea.

Rich Lucibella
May 2, 2001, 05:36 PM
The only "hacker" that's had access to TFL in the past week is sitting in my chair. Lord knows, that's damage enough! ;)
Rich

Mike Irwin
May 2, 2001, 09:07 PM
"The only hacker...is sitting in my chair..."

Hum...

Would that make your name Lich Ruciberra?

dZ
May 5, 2001, 10:38 PM
from the T1 at work i had really poor connection last week
but the 56k modem to AOL soldiered right thru

me thinks there is a Dulles VA routing issue

dZ

PreserveFreedom
May 8, 2001, 04:16 AM
The only "hacker" that's had access to TFL in the past week is sitting in my chair. Lord knows, that's damage enough!
Rich
If that were true, your name would be spelled: ®1©H LÜ¢ïßELL@ ;)

Byron Quick
May 8, 2001, 10:04 PM
I've gotten a couple today.

Rich Lucibella
May 9, 2001, 06:37 AM
Spartacus-
That was me doing some cleanup. Had to restart the database once or twice....it results in a 15 second or so shutdown.
Rich