View Full Version : Leather shooting gloves

March 6, 2001, 05:48 PM
This animal may not exist, but here goes. Anyone know where I can get my hands on black leather shooting gloves with Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof & breathable material) lining -- withOUT insulation?

Closest I've seen is Cabela's calfskin shooting gloves -- they are available in black or brown leather, Gore-Tex lining but they also feature 100 gram Thinsulate insulation. I want something without insulation as I want the thinnest gloves possible. Cabela's does have an unlined glove but it does not have the Gore-Tex lining so it is not waterproof.

March 6, 2001, 11:55 PM
You've probably tried this already, but what about Hatch? They have a variety of gloves for different LE purposes. one of them might fit the bill.

I have a pair of defenders (or is it resisters?), the kind with the cut-resistant lining. I'm not sure how cut resistant they are (and in no hurry to find out, thanks), but they are tolerably warm and tolerably thin.

March 6, 2001, 11:59 PM
I just read that you're interested in water resistance...Hatch also makes one designed to repel fluids. Can't recall what it is called, though.

March 8, 2001, 12:50 PM
I'll take a look!

March 9, 2001, 08:49 AM
Weather proof gloves from FootJoy are great for shooting. They are made for golf but work great for shooting.

Captain Bligh
March 10, 2001, 09:36 AM
I like the notion of thin golf gloves or batting gloves. I always wear golf gloves for warm weather hunting because I've had the experience of mosquito repellant removing gun stock finishes. So I apply repellent with my hands, then put on the gloves, and I'm worry free about stock finish being damaged.

For pistol shooting, I also have a pair of Uncle Mike's shooting gloves with half-fingers. They're well made and comfortable. The only time I don't like them is when shooting short gripped guns. The extra room the glove takes up seems to make my hand bigger and makes me feel like I have less of my hand on the grip. I think golf gloves would be ideal for those short-gripped guns. I feel stupid that I didn't think of it until reading the post by Coop57.