PDA

View Full Version : 870 extended mag - springs and things

Romulus
February 17, 2001, 03:57 PM
I have an 870 with a 3-shot extension to go with a 20" barrel. I'm looking for extra springs, but all I find is springs for 7-shot apparatuses. Does anyone know where I can get an 8-shot mag extension spring (preferably high quality stuff like Wolff?)

Also, I ordered a while back a steel cup hollow shell follower. Are the solid plastic ones with the little tail any better (spring-bind, etc...)

Thank you in advance

Romulus
February 17, 2001, 04:50 PM
I have in fact a Choate mag extension. I can't recall if I got it from direct from Choate or from the outfit (can't remember the name) that makes Bushmaster rifles - I'm talking about ten years ago. They (whoever it was) sent the spring with the extension, and it looked like it was cut from a giant roll (you can tell by the ends, they are not wound to a flat...)

I'd like a spring that has properly wound ends...

But thanks, I'll check the Choate website

MiniZ
February 17, 2001, 10:21 PM
I suggest Brownells, or Scattergun Technologies for your spring needs.
Z

Romulus
February 17, 2001, 11:18 PM
MiniZ, thanks for the suggestions. But Scattergun Technologies is now part of Wilson Combat. They haven't bothered to answer my e-inquiries in the past, so I won't bother with them...plus they make only the dam 7-shot extension.

Maybe Brownells, thanks...

Postman
February 18, 2001, 01:22 AM
Wolff, http://www.gunsprings.com sells general purpose extra power 12 gauge mag springs. These are 2 1/2 feet long. You just trim them to the length you want.

Nimrod
February 18, 2001, 08:16 PM
All of the above advice will carry you; as will buying two standard springs and trimming one to length.

btm
February 20, 2001, 08:23 AM
Rem. mag. ext. 2 and 3 shot use the same spring, not sure with other makers.
BTM