PDA

View Full Version : Best "on duty" shotgun?

ReserveCop
February 4, 2001, 11:26 AM
In your opinion, what would be the best "on duty" patrol shotgun (i.e. NOT home defense), and why? Thanks.

12-34hom
February 4, 2001, 11:30 AM
Mossberg 12 guage, reason - Saftey location.

That said, Remington 870 is good choice also.

Charmedlyfe
February 4, 2001, 05:16 PM
For the average road cop, a pump, 870 or Mossy. Reliable, not as maintenance-intensive as a semi.

For those Hooah SRT types who spend every waking moment on training and equipment maintenance (been there, done that), the semi can give excellent performance. I prefer the Mossy 9200a1 and the 11-87. The Mossy functions with EVERYTHING made in 12ga, and the 11-87 can be tricked out to do the same. I don't believe in folding stocks for shotguns, so no problems there. The Benelli has a problem cycling the reduced-recoil stuff, unless it's clean. I've shot the reduced recoil stuff out of a clean M1S90 and had it fail after as few as three rounds. The Mossy ate the reduced stuff forever without a fail. The 11-87 handled it just as well, but it's tricked out.

Jay Baker
February 4, 2001, 07:51 PM
Reserve Cop. if you are a "reserve cop," I'm wondering what shotgun your department issues to your patrol officers??

J.B.

ArmySon
February 4, 2001, 09:21 PM
This thread belongs in the Shotgun Forum. Please check for replies here: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=2