PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else going to the World English?

Bud1
January 31, 2001, 10:18 AM
I'll be in San Antonio competing in the World English Sporting Clays Championships in April. Anyone else going? After reading about Dave McC's and others prowess with a shotgun, I'd love to see other TFLers in action.

Dave McC
January 31, 2001, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the flattery, Bud(G)...

But....

The truth MUST be told. A typical score for me on clays is 17-20/25, and if I ever hit one of those $%^&* rabbit things, time has dimmed the memory thereof.

On ATA style trap, I hit 24 straight, once.

I'm a generalist, and switch between disciplines and equipment too much to ever get GOOD at any one game, and might not even if I settled down and just did one aspect of shotgunning. But I wouldn't have as much fun so I won't.

If anyone in the Baltimore area is reading this, I can be found occasionally at the Marriotsville range sometimes, and I'll be shooting ATA trap on Sunday afternoons when I can find the time.I'll be the big ugly old guy with the ugliest 870 in Md.

K80Geoff
January 31, 2001, 08:42 PM
Hmmm...for what it would cost me to go to the shoot, I could shoot for an entire year at the local clubs.

Sadly those big shoots are very expensive. I know several folks who go and they always come back and complain. Too hot, too cold, lousy food, poor officiating, long waits to shoot, awfull targets.

I would rather shoot the monthly Connecticut Travellers Shoot that can be done in one day, or do the annual Ducks Unlimited shoot that benefits a great organization, than give one cent to the NSCA.

Been to a couple of the big shoots, would not go again. I prefer to shoot for recreation and fun, those shoots are too much like work.

Of course, I sincerely hope you have a great time, shoot well and win your class:)

Geoff Ross