PDA

View Full Version : Triangle Patches: Are they better?

BumbleBug
April 14, 2013, 01:19 PM
I have cut my own as well as bought patches for cleaning. In the latest magazine advertisements I've seen a pitch for Triangle Patches & it extols the benefits. I haven't found any to give a try at gun stores or gun shows I have visited. Anybody tried these & have any comments?

http://store.rigelproducts.com/section5.html

TIA...

...bug

Kreyzhorse
April 14, 2013, 02:58 PM
I can't imagine they would really make any difference. Only one way to find out though, cut your next bunch in a triangle and give it a go.

BumbleBug
April 14, 2013, 03:27 PM
I can't imagine they would really make any difference. Only one way to find out though, cut your next bunch in a triangle and give it a go.
Yeah, I thought about that but if you'll notice they are not exactly triangles - kind of a strange star shape. That's why I was hoping to score a small package at the store to try or use as a template. All my patches are square now, but I use to get nothing but round. Can't say as I noticed any difference.

THX..

4V50 Gary
April 14, 2013, 03:36 PM
So long as it encompasses the jag, it's good.

shouldazagged
April 14, 2013, 08:25 PM
The word "gimmick" comes to mind. Along with some cruder words. :rolleyes:

KCampbell
April 14, 2013, 08:29 PM
How did we ever manage with the clearly inferior square patch.:what:

BumbleBug
April 14, 2013, 08:52 PM
How did we ever manage with the clearly inferior square patch.

I guess the same way I accidentally use to kill deer with an inferior lead core bullet that cost 20 cents.

...bug :)

KCampbell
April 15, 2013, 09:01 PM
I guess the same way I accidentally use to kill deer with an inferior lead core bullet that cost 20 cents.

...bug :)

Exactly....

Double Naught Spy
April 15, 2013, 09:56 PM
You know, they may be better, but the difference is probably inconsequential.