PDA

View Full Version : Versacarry experiences?

Sheriff Gotcha
April 3, 2013, 07:15 AM
I'd like to hear anyone who has any experience on this "holster" set-up. I just got my first holster rig for my FNS-9 and I'm looking to start carrying. The first few times wearing it, it fells slightly awkward. I don't know if it just needs to be broken in to form to my body, but I suppose the stiffness goes away.

Back to my main question... The Versacarry. What are your experiences with it if any?

RUT
April 3, 2013, 02:40 PM
I used mine for the first time today, and it worked great! I was a bit skeptical at first, but decided to give it a go anyway. I'm not a big IWB fan, but this one may make me change my opinion. BTW, I used it with a Kahr PM9, and I gotta tell you, I hardly knew I was wearing it! I liked it so much I just ordered one for my Ruger LCR. :)

Sheriff Gotcha
April 3, 2013, 11:28 PM
It seems like it makes sense to me at least the mechanics of it. The only downside I see is removing the whole rig to reholster. They are only $25 though so I figure I'll give it a go, but I was curious to others experiences.

RUT
April 4, 2013, 07:38 AM
Well, that is a consideration. However, since there's really only one reason I'd be un-holstering it during the day it's a non-issue. And, it can be re-holstered while still attached to the pants.... juts not with me in them. :p

skywitness
July 18, 2013, 12:01 AM
I have had a hard time finding just the right IWB holster for my Kimber Solo and Kahr PM9. Most defeat the purpose of having an easily concealable 9mm for warm weather months. I don't like to pocket carry for various reasons, so IWB is still my preferred method. For me the Versacarry extra small 9mm works great.

They also provide great customer service. I damaged mine before the July 4th holiday and sight unseen they shipped me a replacement. I will be definitely purchase again.

I have tried a lot of different concealed carry holsters and Versacarry is my choice.

texas724
July 23, 2013, 12:03 PM
having used a leather IWB before I didn't think I was going to like this little thing for my new CCW, but for $25 (and a product of my home state) I figured I would give it a go. I ended up loving it. I don't notice it, and it seems to allow more breathing room.

pax
July 23, 2013, 12:20 PM
It mystifies me why anyone would think that dangerous monstrosity is a good idea. It's not.

pax

Yung.gunr
September 15, 2013, 05:30 PM
Not to bring back a semi undead thread here but I was just thinking about this and rather thing start a new thread...

Why is this a "dangerous monstrosity" is this referring to the trigger guard being exposed?

I have wondered about this carry option for a while and it seems to get decent reviews.

rivertamer
September 17, 2013, 06:21 PM
Not sure on the dangerous part either...I carry my g26 and it works perfectly well.....