PDA

View Full Version : Review, CO2 discharger

maillemaker
January 29, 2013, 01:14 PM
So a couple of weekends ago I made the mistake of loading a minnie ball in my Enfield with no powder.

I pre-load all my bullets in plastic tubes. Evidently I did not drop powder in one. I tried to worm it out but I just stripped the lead out of the nose of the bullet.

So I bought one of these CO2 discharge kits:

http://www.ssfirearms.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SA223

Worked great! Comes with 3 CO2 cylinders which should be good for many discharges.

I think this is a great range box tool that can save a day of shooting!

Steve

Pahoo
January 29, 2013, 01:50 PM
Worked great! Comes with 3 CO2 cylinders which should be good for many discharges.
They sure do and wish I could see which one you got. I currently own two different makes and prefer the newer one.

I tried to worm it out but I just stripped the lead out of the nose of the bullet.
You gave up too soon and did not get a good bight with your threads. I know it's not easy but the soft lead will yeild to allow this bight. I always count a minimum of nine 1/3 turns before I try to pull and always with a range-rod. ... ;)

Be Safe !!!

maillemaker
January 29, 2013, 02:09 PM
I'll try and post a picture of the one I got later.

No, I got a good enough bite in the bullet, problem is it ripped out of the bullet while trying to pull it.

I actually got the bullet to move in the barrel, but it got stuck at some point and then the threads gave way.

Steve

g.willikers
January 29, 2013, 04:19 PM
If you rode your bike to the range and had a flat tire, they will inflate a bike tire pretty good, too.

maillemaker
January 29, 2013, 05:53 PM
This is the one I got, but I did not buy it here:

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/RMC-B.I.D.-Kit/productDetail/Black-Powder-Shooting-Accessories/prod9999010198/cat100014

Steve

Pahoo
January 29, 2013, 07:49 PM
This is the one I got, but I did not buy it here:
This is just like the last one I bought but did not get the adapter tubes with mine. Guess I'll have to get some as well. ... ;)

These really are that good and easy to use. .... :)

Thanks and;
Be Safe !!!

Hawg Haggen
January 30, 2013, 05:12 AM
No, I got a good enough bite in the bullet, problem is it ripped out of the bullet while trying to pull it.

That's weird because a minie slides down the bore really easy.:confused:

maillemaker
January 30, 2013, 08:54 AM
That's weird because a minie slides down the bore really easy.

I shoot N-SSA competition so my minnies are sized to just fit.

I was shooting strings of 10 shots before cleaning and I was on shot number 7 when this happened. So there was some fouling but not a ton.

When I pulled the bullet, I could easily see the rifling on the ball. Dont' know if that was a result of being blasted out with C02 or not though.

While pulling the ball, I actually did get it to move up the bore about a foot or so before it got stuck again. Tried to work it back and forth to get it out but it ripped loose.

Steve