PDA

View Full Version : Which Magpul P-Mag to get?

charleslee
January 27, 2013, 10:58 AM
I want to get some if possible this late in the game w/ dust cover & window. I see there are different generations. Which do I want & which are the best? Thank you.

g20gunny
January 27, 2013, 12:26 PM
I have a few gen2 and gen3 with and without Windows and they all seem much better than my gi surplus mags, the followers on the gen3 are flawless with a stopper to prevent over loading the mag, It's a positive stop on that 30th round, both followers are vertually un tipable with a small advantage for the gen 3. I went to a gun show a few weeks ago and pmags were $50-$100 each, a few days later I had reciever a few from midwayusa.com for $13 each for gen2 and $15 for gen3. Be patient and don't encourage the dealers asking panic prices, get on a backorder list and you will get them and still have your dignity. Hope this was helpfull.

berettaprofessor
January 27, 2013, 01:07 PM
Get any type you can find...I doubt you'll have much of a choice for awhile.

Rebel
January 31, 2013, 02:19 PM
You may want to check out DSG Arms and back order them there. Still have a pre panic price and i know they are shipping orders from 1/13. I ordered 20 mags today myself. Their is an order tracker form over on AR 15 message boards.

I've had a back order for 10 pmags from Brownells since 12/20 and don't get me started on that fiasco :).

Just don't over pay to the gougers unless you feel you need to. Good luck!

LRChops
February 3, 2013, 03:47 AM
What are PMAGs going for? I have some green ones that are brand new.

recon-2
February 3, 2013, 09:59 AM
Varies. Anywhere from $25-$50. Depends what you want for them.

Slotback
February 3, 2013, 11:18 AM
I have found that any of the PMAGS have been good to go. I have been very pleased with mine, windowed or solid.

breakingcontact
February 5, 2013, 12:06 AM
Not much difference, check out the 20 rounders too!

Captains1911
February 6, 2013, 08:53 PM
You may want to check out DSG Arms and back order them there. Still have a pre panic price and i know they are shipping orders from 1/13. I ordered 20 mags today myself. Their is an order tracker form over on AR 15 message boards.

Really? I have an order placed on 1/11 and haven't heard anything.

KO3422
February 6, 2013, 11:14 PM
If you can find any PMag that is in stock at a decent price, then go for it. They all work just fine. I really wouldn't be picky now.

Before, I wouldn't pay over $10 each. Now, I'd be ok with paying $15. But then again, I already have a bunch.

DubC-Hicks
February 7, 2013, 08:57 PM
This whole thing is just frustrating. I already have a decent supply of mags, but I just finished up a foliage green build in December. But I can't find any foliage Pmags anywhere. I've found a few black pmags, but no foliage. Like I said, frustrating.