PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a An IX De Gendarmerie?

BerdanSS
January 18, 2013, 09:06 PM
Anyone have one? How do they shoot? Looks like A very neat little Pistole:) Been thinking about getting something new that you don't see everyday at the range and I love flintlocks....never had a flinter pistol though.

Pedersoli
http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/uploads/prodotti/mid/14S.331.jpg

TomADC
January 19, 2013, 01:47 PM
No, but I do like the looks of that one very nice.
I used to see a lot of those types when I was in Spain & Italy in the mid 70's.

Beagle333
January 19, 2013, 02:24 PM
Wow, that is pretty.

bedbugbilly
January 20, 2013, 11:31 AM
Berdan - you sure made me do a "double take" when I saw the picture of it. Believe it or not, I recently sold an original piece that is identical to that with the exception of the lock marking. I had purchased it at an auction probably close to 50 years ago. I even sent a photo of mine to Robert Abels - he was a well known dealer in NY many years ago and he put out catalogs of antique firearms that he had for sale on a regular basis in the 1960s). Based on the markings on my lock (unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what they were and I don't have access to them as I'm in AZ for the winter) he figured that what I had was a "French Coach Pistol". Basically, a small pistol carried by passengers for protection at the time. Mine had a bore that appeared to be about a .69 to a .75.

What you show in the photo looks like a very nice repro. I'm sure it would be fun to shoot - not terribly accurate though unless for up close SD distances.

Beagle333
January 20, 2013, 11:58 AM
not terribly accurate though unless for up close SD distances.

But can you imagine the look on the BG's face when you whipped this out?:eek: He'd surely bet he was fixin' to get blasted by a Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator instead of an antique from the Napoleonic era.

deerslayer303
January 20, 2013, 01:02 PM
^^^^:D I'm willing to think all the BG's attention would be focused on that HUMONGOUS hole int he end of that muzzle! :eek:

Sure Shot Mc Gee
January 20, 2013, 01:28 PM
Nice new pistol no doubt. My suggestion. Shop around for a T/C Patriot instead. There is a big difference between them. One is price the other pictured one here is a: point it in the right direction type. The Patriot is not. (it has adjustable sights) But OP you purchase which ever. All's good.