PDA

View Full Version : Expected "assualt rifle" prices

militant
January 14, 2013, 11:12 PM
If the ban happens...what do you guys think our scared rifles wil go up in price?

AsSeenOnTV
January 14, 2013, 11:16 PM
Means my Galil ARM I 'inherited' from my father will finally go up in value! ;)

(maybe up to 5 grand or more???)

Xfire68
January 14, 2013, 11:17 PM
It's not going to happen. Not enough votes in Congress to pass a AWB.

I see a big drop in prices coming soon.

ratshooter
January 14, 2013, 11:19 PM
what do you guys think our scared rifles wil go up in price?

My rifle ain't "scared" of nuthin' Neither am I.:p

Skans
January 15, 2013, 08:48 AM
Value will go to $0 if there is an outright ban.

Value will be parts salvage value if you are not allowed to transfer the receivers.

No change if they make you register them like machine guns and transfer them on Form 4's

If they do something like the '86 Machine gun ban, values will stay about where they are for several years. Then they will start to double in value after about 20 years, if they can be transferred.

But, most likely, not much will change and people will be buying AR's, AK's, and ammo at prices that are 40% - 100% too high, just like they did with dot.com's and real estate. Oh, you might want to go ahead and buy those drum magazines - you'll never use one, but it'll make you feel better.:D

jmr40
January 15, 2013, 09:10 AM
In a month or 2 you will see lots of used AR's selling @ $700 again. Lots of folks who bought them for $1500 will be sorry. There will be no AWB. The magazines may well be banned.

Of course I could, be wrong, but if I am they will be worth 10X that on the black market and worthless to sell legally.

sundog
January 15, 2013, 09:13 AM
If there is a ban, black market trade will go through the roof. Prices will soar beyond anything out there right now.

CTS
January 15, 2013, 09:30 AM
Of course I could, be wrong, but if I am they will be worth 10X that on the black market and worthless to sell legally.
Exactly!

Fishbed77
January 15, 2013, 11:07 AM
Honestly, I think there is zero chance these self-loading (not "assault") rifles will be banned.

I do expect we'll see bans on magazines and imported ammo, though.

CTS
January 15, 2013, 12:27 PM
Honestly, I think there is zero chance these self-loading (not "assault") rifles will be banned.

I do expect we'll see bans on magazines and imported ammo, though.
Agreed. There are going to be a lot of upset people in 6 mos or so when prices are back to normal and ammo is plentiful.

Art Eatman
January 15, 2013, 08:10 PM
Wait until the grimy details are out and understood and we then can get a better feel for all this stuff. In the meantime, just watch the goings-on.