PDA

View Full Version : bi-pod help for daniel defense

nodm4
January 12, 2013, 11:09 AM
Hi group, I am new here and have a Daniel defense DDM v2. My question is does the rifle have the Picatinny Rail on it so I could mount the RBA-2 Rotating Bi-pod Adapter to the rifle? Ideally I would like a quick disconnect bi-pod adapter that swivels. Any thoughts?

Thanks, nod

Theohazard
January 14, 2013, 01:45 AM
I'm a little confused by your question. Have you not yet received the rifle so you're not sure if it comes with railed handguards, or do you have the rifle already but you're not sure if the rails on the handguards are Picatinny rails?

As far as I know, all Daniel Defense rifles come with some form of Picatinny railed handguards. If you have the rifle already, look at the rail on the top of the upper receiver; that's a Picatinny rail. Your handguards probably have the same type of rail on all four sides. Those are also Picatinny rails, so a bipod adaptor designed to fit a Picatinny rail will fit there.

Some Daniel Defense rifles have their modular handguard design. The handguard is smooth with holes for attaching small sections of Picatinny rail. These handguards come with three Picatinny rail section attachments to put wherever you want. If this is the type of handguard you have, you can use these rail sections to attach your bipod adaptor.