PDA

View Full Version : Are FN Brand AR mags good mags?

RetiredMajor
January 5, 2013, 01:58 PM
I may pick up some FN Brand 30 round mags for the AR 15. I didn't know they made them. Are they good mags? Any experience with them?

Marquezj16
January 5, 2013, 08:14 PM
No experience with it.

FN is a good company so I'd assume they are good to go. Any available mags right now are good to go. lol.

Get them and use them. Then come back on here and let us know.

BerdanSS
January 5, 2013, 09:55 PM
The ones I used to have were good...I picked some FNs up with a bunch of labelle mags one time. I stupidly let them go in my youth with an AR I sold a long time ago. I bought a case of Okay and Centers last year and I love them...what followers do the FNs your looking at have?...the orange ones? I upgrade all my mags with the grey mag-puls now.

tahunua001
January 5, 2013, 10:29 PM
FN Herstal is the current manufacturer of all M16s for the US military, I think they are capable of making a decent magazine.

sailskidrive
January 6, 2013, 10:22 AM
I thought they have the Marine Corp/Navy contract, not USAF or ARMY.

Either way, FN is probably the premier firearms manufacturer world wide.

tahunua001
January 6, 2013, 01:26 PM
military wide, they build the M16s while Colt maks the M4 though they are currently in the middle of an appeal since they are about to lose the M4 contract to remington.

Skans
January 7, 2013, 10:41 AM
I have some FN FNC magazines - excellent quality.

B. Lahey
January 7, 2013, 12:04 PM
I have several, they work great.

The ones I have (blue and white box, labeled as magazines for the FNC) are steel, though. I generally prefer aluminum or plastic mags strictly because of weight.