PDA

View Full Version : Hard Times, Let's see a free item/pass it forward thread

5whiskey
December 31, 2012, 06:49 PM
My memory is fuzzy as it has been a long time since I've seen it. A few years ago there was a free gear/pass it forward thread. Some people gave away some really nice stuff. Some people just gave away stuff that was useable but they didn't need anymore. I'm going through some gear I have stowed away, and I've found a Promag for a Saiga 223 that I no longer need. THE BULLET GUIDE HAS BROKEN OFF. Basically, if you've installed a bullet guide on your rifle (or you shoot an AK74 clone in 223), this magazine is perfectly fine. If your rifle does not have a bullet guide, then don't PM me for this because you over-pressure your rifle from the bullet seating itself too deep.

I have other stuff (most of it better than a Saiga promag), I just have to dig it out. I plan on giving those items away, too. The first person to respond to this thread with interest gets it mailed to their door for free. After responding, I'll contact you via PM and get your address.

If anyone else has items that they would like to give away or no longer need, post it. That gizmo collecting dust in the back of your safe could go to some good use. The last thread like this went on for nearly a couple of months. We could use something nice to look forward to instead of constantly debating the not-so-likely AWB.

OEF-Vet
December 31, 2012, 07:09 PM
This is a great idea I don't have use for the mag but let me know what else you dig up. I'll see what I have to add to the thread.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

OEF-Vet
December 31, 2012, 09:58 PM
I have a factory Remington 700 SPS varmint stock in hardwoods camo. It's in new condition I replaced it when I bought the rifle. It's short action ADL (No floor plate) and fit for a heavy barrel.

I can't pay for the shipping but anyone that has use for it can have it for the cost of shipping.

5whiskey
January 1, 2013, 04:32 AM
Wow... just one other person has shown interest? If you receive an item you're not required to submit something. It would be nice if you did to keep it going, but it's not required. Just get it for free and smile.

__________________________ Free to your door. Who wants it?

OEF-Vet
January 1, 2013, 08:32 AM
I could use it sir.

5whiskey
January 1, 2013, 08:51 AM
It's yours, sending a pm

JMP
January 11, 2013, 10:56 PM
I think this is a great idea, wish more people would get involved.

I have the factory 'guts' from a few 10/22s that I'd send to someone that could use them.

felixx
January 20, 2013, 03:15 AM
I have a pair of tasco 1" rings for any NZ users..
suitable for .22
Cant afford postage overseas

sirdiealot
January 25, 2013, 08:40 PM
im pretty sure ive got a hard case or 2 out in the shed....dont think they have the egg carton foam in them anymore but as soon as i get over this damn flu im been fighting for the last week if anyone wants i will go look. oh they are long gun cases

sirdiealot
January 25, 2013, 08:41 PM
and by the way this is a hell of a idea....come on guys lets get this thing rolling

huh
January 26, 2013, 02:50 AM
I have some once fired 38 special winchester brass shipping is on me. If interested give me a pm.

spacecoast
January 26, 2013, 08:19 AM
huh -

PM sent on the brass.

I have the original buttpad from my 1970 Remington 870 Wingmaster that I would be happy to send to someone at my cost. I don't have the (hidden) screws but if someone is looking for an original piece this would work.

Edit - think I have a taker for the buttpad as of 1/30

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac115/spacecoast_guns/for_sale/DSC02446_zpseeb40d5b.jpg

I also have a Hogue bantam grip for a J-frame revolver and the little tool to help get it on/off. First one to PM me can have it.

Update - promised to someone already - putting it in the mail on 1/30.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac115/spacecoast_guns/for_sale/DSC02447_zpsb5a3488d.jpg

OEF-Vet
January 26, 2013, 08:35 AM
I'm glad to see some folks finally responding to 5whiskey's thread. This is a great idea.

huh
January 26, 2013, 09:58 AM
PM sent spacecoast. And this thread is a awesome idea let's keep it up everyone.

Revolver1
January 26, 2013, 10:09 AM
Got an Uncle Mike's black, cordura nylon holster. Fits a 4" N frame. Who wants it?

guns54
January 27, 2013, 03:36 PM
do you still have them, i have holsthers and a lot of others things i dont need, let me know by email.

JMP
January 27, 2013, 11:42 PM
email sent on 10/22 stuff

coachteet
January 28, 2013, 01:28 AM
Spacecoast, I'll take the j-frame grips if they're still around. Let me dig around and see what I have to offer up.

guns54
January 28, 2013, 12:28 PM
HI. Thanks JMP. THey will help a lot. Have a safe day.

spacecoast
January 30, 2013, 05:59 AM
Grips are gone, and I think I have a taker for the buttpad too.

Not seeing a lot of action on this thread!!!!

Get busy guys, you will feel good giving something away just sitting around and make your wife happy to get rid of it. You might pick up something you need too.

sirdiealot
January 31, 2013, 12:07 AM
i agree spacecoast....just think about how you feel when christmas morning comes around and you watch your kids open up the presents...aint nothing better then giving with no thought of return..unless you see something on here you need and you get to open that package up lol ....and still got them hard cases for long guns if anyone needs them...am getting over the flu and will go out to my work shed and dig them out and take pics if anyone is interested in them and also look to see if there is anything out there that someone might need or want

Jevyod
January 31, 2013, 03:40 AM
I got some boolits if anybody is interested! I have a partial box (60ish) of .284 160 gr Sierra Game Kings. I was having problems with jacket seperation out of my 7mm mag, so I switched to Accubonds. I know I could prob sell them, but figured I could make somebody's day brighter! I will even pay the shipping:D First "I'll take them" gets them! Merry Christmas!!!;) (Needs to be in the US please!)

coachteet
January 31, 2013, 06:10 PM
I have a black uncle mike's sidekick size 3 shoulder holster. Goes to the first "I'll take it". Continental US, please.

Pending

sirdiealot
January 31, 2013, 07:38 PM
would a full size 1911 fit in that if so i would like it

gundog5
February 1, 2013, 01:17 PM
I am passing forward a doubled stitched leather holster for a
XD-40 Subcompact. This is a great holster for concealed carry and it is just broken in. first pm gets. please remember this is a left handed holster. Shipping is on me.

Gone to a new home

pnolans
February 2, 2013, 08:35 AM
I've got about 50 rounds of .38 special ammo. Sold the gun this summer. will donate the ammo. Can I legally ship this? If not, I live in Co Springs, CO.

Pat

Will find more stuff for the bro's... Will post more later.

The .38 special has been claimed!

guns54
February 2, 2013, 01:08 PM
Hi. JMP The 10-22 parts came about 15 mins ago thank you very much. Have a safe day.guns54

tobnpr
February 3, 2013, 01:25 PM
Can I legally ship this?

Loaded ammo ships UPS or Fedex Ground only. Hazardous, mark it as such
"ORM-D"...

PhantomPhyxer
February 3, 2013, 06:39 PM
I could use a holster for a ruger SR9/SR9c if one is close. I'm relatively new to shooting after a lllll ooooo nnnnn ggggg time.

sirdiealot
February 5, 2013, 08:46 PM
got a hard case for a remington 870.

coachteet
February 6, 2013, 02:42 PM
Grips arrived last week. Thanks again spacecoast!!

The Uncle Mike's holster is going out today, been a bit hectic sirdiealot--sorry for the delay.

sirdiealot
February 6, 2013, 03:38 PM
no prob coach i wont post negative review on your service lol

MRL21
February 6, 2013, 09:22 PM
I have a Sig P239, 357 Sig magazine I will send whoever sends the first PM with mailing information.

saands
February 7, 2013, 08:59 PM
PM sent on the 7mm bullets ... I will dig around ... I just KNOW that I have a bunch of stuff.

Saands

saands
February 7, 2013, 10:24 PM
OK ... I have some miscellaneous AR lower parts ... 2 mil-spec triggers, 2 hammers, should be 2 sets of trigger springs. Any one need them?

Saands

big_bad_kitty
February 8, 2013, 06:40 AM
I could sure use them. I have been trying to acquire soem of the lower parts and have not been successful! This weekend I will dig into my gun safe and find several things I know are excess and I have no plans to use!! Thanks guys! (and gals!)

mukwah
February 8, 2013, 07:20 AM
Found a beautiful 70's vintage Wingmaster 870 stock I'm refinishing for my grandsons 870 Express so I'll soon have an 870 Express wood stock and fore end if anyone is interested.

big_bad_kitty
February 11, 2013, 10:21 PM
OK! I dug through the safe over the weekend and found a couple of things. One at a time and the first up is a set of RCBS Dies. RCBS Part #15201 - 2die set for 300 WBY MAG. Uses shell holder #4 but I do not have the shell holder for the dies. First one to post in the thread that they will take it based on time stamp gets the RCBS Dies. I think they will fit in a small flat rate box but for sure they will fit in a priority envelope. I think postage on them will run $5.90 so please be willing to pay the postage on them. They look as if they have never been used at all!

FlyFish
February 12, 2013, 05:37 PM
First, a big thanks to Mike for the Sig magazine.

I have two sets of grips that will fit S&W K/L frame revolvers. These came with a 686 that I bought a while back, and I think they were both rather expensive originally, particularly the ones with the dragon inlay and butt plate. Both are just wood on the other side, i.e., no medallion or inlay.

Please shoot me a PM with shipping info if you'd like either pair - I'd like them to go to two different people, so specify which one you'd like. I'll have them out to you ASAP.

Feb 13, 8 AM: Both sets of grips are now spoken for. I'm going to be digging through the stash and will likely find a couple more sets to post later today.

OEF-Vet
February 12, 2013, 06:16 PM
Wow flyfish those are some darn nice grips. I'm sure someone will be glad to put them on their S&W.

mukwah
February 12, 2013, 06:48 PM
Sure wish I had a Smith!

coachteet
February 12, 2013, 11:38 PM
I would like to claim the dragon (on the left) Smith and Wesson grips if they aren't spoken for, Flyfish. I will head back down to the dungeon and dig up some more goodies. Let's keep this thread going! PM sent.

FlyFish
February 13, 2013, 07:01 AM
Dragon grips are on their way to coachteet, the other pair is still available.

Feb 13, 8 AM: Both pair now spoken for.

FlyFish
February 13, 2013, 12:52 PM
Been out to the barn again . . .

I've got two more pairs of revolver grips. The first is a set of standard Pachmayr "Grippers" that will fit a square butt N-frame S&W revolver. The second are oversized grips for an S&W J-frame, square or round butt - you can see from the photo that they will work on either (my Model 34 is not included!). First PM on each takes them and I'll cover the postage.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p2/Pancora/IMG_5133.jpg

While I was out there looking for grips, it occurred to me that with the current shortages of reloading components there may be some of you who aren't reloading/shooting because you can't get enough brass, and after decades of brass scrounging I've got more than I can shoot in 10 lifetimes, so . . . I've got three bags of 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP brass. About a hundred pieces in each - should be a few more, as I counted quickly and then threw in an extra handful. These are mixed headstamp, brass or nickel, range brass that have been tumbled clean by me but otherwise not inspected. They're the same brass that I would (and do) reload without hesitation after the normal inspection for neck splits and the like.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p2/Pancora/IMG_5132.jpg

As with the grips, first PM on each caliber takes them (if you want to send a single PM listing order of preference, that's OK) and I've got the postage covered. In the interest of spreading the love, one caliber to a customer, and please don't ask for them if, like me, you've already got all you need.

Gotta be a few more old farts like me out there with stuff they need to unload. C'mon guys, look around and see what you're not using that someone else would like - this is fun.

Forgot to add: Be sure to include your name and shipping address in your PM.

UPDATES: 9mm and .45 brass and J-frame grips spoken for.

TheNatureBoy
February 13, 2013, 05:28 PM
I have a 7mm rem mag competition bullet seater that I purchased but never used. I don't have the extended shell holder. Free to a good home:)

pnolans
February 13, 2013, 07:25 PM
I have a 7mm rem mag competition bullet seater that I purchased but never used. I don't have the extended shell holder. Free to a good home

@NatureBoy:

I'd love to have this.

Send me a PM if you still have it.

Thanks,

sirdiealot
February 13, 2013, 08:31 PM
if my 40s&w dies werent on backorder would love the brass. but im about 2months out before i get them so im sure someone can get use of them before then....wish i would have been on earlier would have loved the 45acp though lol.....this is a great thread and love seeing the generosity of the folks here....guess im gonna have to dig a little deeper as no one wants the case that i have left. when i get home this weekend will do a little more digging and see if i have somehting else to offer up

TheNatureBoy
February 14, 2013, 04:56 PM
pnolan, check your pm :)

brmfan
February 14, 2013, 06:48 PM
Like the title says, I have a new 5rd M1A mag (9.14 brand from Brownells) and 58 once fired 300 Win Mag cases (Norma) for anyone who wants them.

OEF-Vet
February 15, 2013, 06:57 PM
FlyFish

I got my brass today. Thank you very much Sir components are getting mighty scarce these days.

sirdiealot
February 16, 2013, 11:23 AM
thanks coach the holster came in sometime this week, was out of town working or would have got back sooner. very nice and in perfect condition.

gundog5
February 18, 2013, 01:33 PM
Hay RAINMAN1053 check your PM.

big_bad_kitty
February 18, 2013, 08:56 PM
Ar parts came in Saturday. Put together an AR lower Sunday and sure enough, spring missing. Just happened to be one you had sent me so you saved the day!! Thanks much. Greatly appreciated!

sirdiealot
February 18, 2013, 11:02 PM
870 hard case gone. will be sent out saturday when i get back home.

Vermonter
February 20, 2013, 10:01 AM
I have a forend for the smaller mossberg 500 Mag tube. This came with a knoxx specops stock and didn't fit my gun. Mossberg sent me one that fit my gun so now I have a camo Mossberg 500 Forend. Free to a good home will flat rate ship inside the lower 48.

I also have some plastic ammo holders that come with pre packaged ammo. I saved these thinking I would get into reloading but I have not gotten into it yet. I have various calibers so if anyone is interested please let me know.

ETA please PM me so I don't forget to check this thread.

AllenJ
February 20, 2013, 10:18 AM
I have a Remington 700 ADL syn stock that came off my son's 7mm Rem Mag. He replaced it with a stock that my cousin gave him. We have no need to keep it so if anyone needs it PM me and it's yours.

Stuckless
February 22, 2013, 03:02 PM
I have a holster for h&k compact.. Fobus I think. Free to a good home.

Vermonter
February 25, 2013, 04:33 PM
Good cause everyone lets keep it moving.

pnolans
February 26, 2013, 09:13 AM
Just got the 7mm die today,

THANKS , NatureBoy.

TheNatureBoy
February 26, 2013, 06:03 PM
Thanks pnolans. Glad to be a part of something good:)

sirdiealot
February 26, 2013, 10:44 PM
didnt get the case sent out this weekend the snowstorm that hit kansas kept me home and away from town to get it sent out but will get it sent out saturday.

BerdanSS
February 28, 2013, 09:50 AM
great thread :cool: Anyone want a like new Butler creek Gel Sling? Black, no swivels.

pnolans
February 28, 2013, 11:13 AM
I just found a magazine for a 1911 colt I don't have anymore.

I believe it's an 8 round mag, but not sure.

It is a COLT mag, not a off-brand.

Free to a good home. Send me a PM.

I'll update this reply when someone claims it.

I was wrong ... it only holds 6 rounds

It has been spoken for.

kayakersteve
February 28, 2013, 11:22 AM
I would love the colt magazine
\

Damm! Never mind - I just remembered I live in NYS!!!!!!!!
pm sent

BerdanSS
February 28, 2013, 08:43 PM
Sling is taken. on it's way in the am:)

TheNatureBoy
March 6, 2013, 06:06 PM
Thanks big time for the stock AllenJ. Got here today:)

AllenJ
March 6, 2013, 06:18 PM
Glad it arrived. Enjoy it and happy it could go to someone to be used.

OEF-Vet
March 6, 2013, 06:49 PM
Sling is taken. on it's way in the am:)

Thank you BerdanSS the sling came yesterday.

Skitter
March 9, 2013, 08:20 PM
FlyFish!

Thanks for the .40 S&W Brass, arrived today and much needed, good stuff, thanks again!

Unfortunatly guys I have just started in reloading and gun ownership so I don't have anything to pass on as of yet, but I will if I have the chance :)

kayakersteve
March 11, 2013, 11:00 AM
@PNOLANS - Got the magazine - Thanks - I will put to good use. Trying to get into my safe to keep this thread going.

pnolans
March 11, 2013, 01:40 PM
@kayakersteve ... good , thanks for the confirmation.

BerdanSS
March 11, 2013, 11:28 PM
VET

Not a problem sir, Enjoy! :cool:

DarcyPotter1
March 12, 2013, 07:42 AM
wow this is the best thing I have seen ever I am new to this but I am impressed iv got a Buriss 3-9x40 Fullfield II in silver finish it came one a rifle I bought used and was changed out it is a good scope I live in Alberta Canada let me know how to ship it you pay and its yours .Wish we had something like this here local

mukwah
March 12, 2013, 12:46 PM
zTimbo, stock is still available, you'll need a buttplate though. PM me your address if interested and I'll ship it to you!

rebs
March 12, 2013, 01:26 PM
This is a long shot but if anyone that doesn't reload and has some 223 brass and or some 45 ACP brass, I could sure use some. I know it is valuable and I am willing to trade, let me know what you are looking for to trade.

Jevyod
March 13, 2013, 10:07 AM
pm sent on scope.

dhedrick
March 13, 2013, 08:47 PM
A bunch of 45 brass going out to Rebs tomorrow.

I still have a little 40 brass too that I would be happy to pass along.

Looking for any reloading equipment that anyone might be willing to part with. I have nothing - no equipment our supplies but am trying to get set up to load 9mm and 223...

~ Dale

pnolans
March 14, 2013, 08:10 PM
@dhedrick:

I'll look around. I believe I have an extra powder trickler. I'll see if I have anything else I can spare.

Pat

dhedrick
March 14, 2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks for looking pat - that would be fantastic!

rebs
March 15, 2013, 12:54 PM
9MM brass shipped today to Dhedrick and thank you for the 45 ACP

I am going to check to see if I have any other brass I don't need and will post if I find any.

dhedrick
March 15, 2013, 01:42 PM
I posted some additional brass including some oddballs in a free brass thread in the reloading forum if anyone is interested.

rebs
March 15, 2013, 05:14 PM
I couldn't find it

DarcyPotter1
March 18, 2013, 08:25 AM
Jevyod send me a adress and I will send you the scope it will be easyer that way and you can do the same for someone some day my son tells me that its called doing a forward and I think this Idea is great hope someone keeps it going the scope is silver finish and in new shape and the rifle it was on had only fired 7 shots so enjoy it and I hope you can put it to good use

dhedrick
March 18, 2013, 06:08 PM
Brass received from rebs - thank you very much!

rebs
March 18, 2013, 07:43 PM
WOW a lot of brass received from dhedrick, thank you very much

breakingcontact
March 20, 2013, 09:59 PM
Haven't participated in this thread, but did give a mag to a friend today. We definitely need to help each other out more.

I've got an AK scope mount, how would I get that in the give away here. I took it off a Saiga 308 AK, so not sure what it fits.

Quincunx
March 22, 2013, 10:25 AM
While going through some of my parts boxes last night, I found a 3" stainless .38 Special J-frame barrel that I bought a couple of years ago and wound up not needing. Free to good home!

dhedrick
March 23, 2013, 03:33 PM
Have the below and a small amount of .40 free to a good home if anyone is interested.
35 of 45 Colt
25 of 38 Special
27 of 357 Mag

Could really use 223 brass if anyone has any...

pnolans
March 23, 2013, 06:54 PM
I got ready to start reloading some 9mm brass, and discovered that the die set I bought from Hornady has, for some reason, a ROLL CRIMP die .

I have a taper crimp die on backorder from Midway, but who knows when that will come in.

Heck, I'm willing to give it back when I get the one I ordered.

So... does anyone have a 9mm taper crimp die that they can part with, even temporarily?
PLEASE DISREGARD THIS REQUEST
I have this working the way I want with the dies I have.

Thanks,

Pat

rebs
March 24, 2013, 06:55 AM
If I had one I would loan it to you or if I didn't use it I would give it to you.

Maybe you could cancel the one you have on back order and get this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Hornady-Taper-Crimp-Die-Cal/dp/B000KOPTX4/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1364125888&sr=8-16&keywords=9mm+dies

pnolans
March 24, 2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks, Rebs... that's what I did. Amazon actually had it in stock.

pnolans
March 24, 2013, 10:52 PM
Well, it actually occurs that Amazon does NOT have it in stock.... It is backordered.

So...I'll call Hornady tomorrow and see if I can b*ch at them enough to get them to trade it for me.

PLEASE DISREGARD THE PREVIOUS REQUEST. I've got this working the way I want it to, with the dies I already have.

Thanks

dhedrick
March 25, 2013, 09:54 AM
45 Colt & 40S&W shipping out today.

Still have:
25 of 38 Special
27 of 357 Mag

rebs
March 25, 2013, 12:02 PM
I have the following brass that I don't need. All are once fired in new condition.

30-30 = 40
270 = 45
243 = 18
308 = 18

rebs
March 27, 2013, 06:14 AM
The brass is going out to Fusion, him and a friend of his can use it all.

Fusion
March 27, 2013, 08:10 PM
I appreciate it Rebs. I have a Lee seating die for a .243 Winchester that I'm not using if anyone could use it.

rebs
March 28, 2013, 12:51 PM
Fusion, the brass went out this morning USPS priority box, you should have it Saturday

Skitter
March 29, 2013, 12:34 PM
Damn, good catch Fusion, I'm trying to get 30-30 and I can't find anything anywhere factory ammo or otherwise.

dhedrick
March 29, 2013, 04:01 PM
More 9mm brass received from rebs today. Thank you very much!

dakota.potts
March 30, 2013, 02:11 AM
Next time I go shooting I'll try and capture some of our brass. We've got .380, .40, and .308. Various including Blazer, Remington, and Lawman. Never shipped anything about before and I don't even know what's reloadable but if someone needs it I'll scoop some up and figure out the rest along the way. I'll be happy to trade for ammo, targets, scopes, various magazines, or anything you have if you're willing. Otherwise I'll just send them along for the price of shipping on request.

2ndsojourn
April 15, 2013, 09:13 AM
I have (1) 14 (or 15?) round mag for a S & W 659 9mm. I know it will fit some other S & W's and possibly other mfgr(s) but don't know all the models.

Jay24bal
May 20, 2013, 11:08 PM
This is a good thread that got buried, let's keep it going.

I recently moved and in the process went through all my stuff. I came a across a Supercell Recoil Pad for a Remington 870 that I do not need. It is for synthetic stocks only and will not fit wood stocks (that is how I ended up with it as I did not realize there was a difference in the pad).

First person to send me a PM will get it shipped to them.