PDA

View Full Version : Trade AR for HK45C? What to do?

damo450
December 30, 2012, 12:53 AM
Hello all,
I have the opportunity to trade my brand new rock river LAR entry rifle for a slightly used HK45 compact +$700. Not sure what to do about it? I have a spikes tactical mid length as my pet AR and a remington in .30 rar. But I also have a new baby and and a 2 year old son. I am not concerned with the money but I am concerned with them never being able to handle an AR in 15-20 years. So should I keep it or not??? I keep falling back on the old "you can only shoot one at a time"...

Palmetto-Pride
December 30, 2012, 07:34 AM
I would keep it. I have 4 ARs and they would be the last of all my guns I would trade or get rid of. I think ARs would be banned before handguns.

Tucker 1371
December 30, 2012, 09:52 AM
+1

The future of the AR in America is unstable at best at the moment. If you already have a pistol I'd say sit tight.

Then again I may be kind of a hippocrite in saying that as I sold my ACR before the panic hit to a buddy at a bargain so that I could buy a Colt 1911 but that's only because I had four long guns and no pistol.

I'd say it depends on your firearms needs, if you don't have a handgun and intend to carry the HundK then it's, IMHO, a not a bad decision. Just be comfortable with the fact that it may prove extremely difficult to replace that AR.

Edit- panic not mapic

johnnydollar
December 31, 2012, 12:17 AM
I'd make that trade. The HK45 compact is as good a pistol as one can get. You already have an AR-15, why not get a good pistol?

Meditator
December 31, 2012, 12:30 AM
A used HK45 plus $700 sure why not? You already have your Spikes anyway. So, it's not like your kids will never get to play w/ AR- if they really want more then go Army :) Personally, I like to diversify. That extra $700 can get you another AK like AMD65.