PDA

View Full Version : Vulcan AR lower build

new_scopeshooter
December 29, 2012, 09:30 AM
first off any opinions on the vulcan ar lowers? i just picked one up for $109.00 Ordered a lower parts kit from midway. I am also wondering why i am having a hard time finding parts to build an upper? thanks

highbrow
December 29, 2012, 06:53 PM
Vulcan used to be known as Hesse then Blackthorne. All had the same address. ALL have the same s@#$$y reputation. Don't, just don't.

As to difficulty finding parts, the panic is on.
Sportsmansguide had some parts as of yesterday.

Edit: Just checked SPG. They got nothing.

Quentin2
December 29, 2012, 07:11 PM
Vulcan does have a horrible reputation. Is the lower polymer or 7075-T6 alloy? I hope it's the latter. Let us know what you think of it and good luck.

DnPRK
December 29, 2012, 07:16 PM
Please, do not get a Vulcan lower. IMO, it will likely give you nothing but problems. The holes are drilled in the wrong locations and you will have a devil of a time getting your rifle to run. BTDT, mine was a Hesse, before they changed their name to Vulcan due to their products' bad reputation.

Ridge_Runner_5
December 30, 2012, 11:58 AM
It's best to ask these questions BEFORE you buy the product. That way you can avoid getting a POS like Vulcan.

And just about all AR parts are sold out right now with fear of an upcoming AWB.

new_scopeshooter
December 30, 2012, 12:02 PM
like i said befor i didnt go looking to buy and ar lower. just happend. anyway i had the extra $100 so not a huge loss if i cant sell it or it doesnt work... thanks for the info

kdstang
December 30, 2012, 01:46 PM
Unfortunately for you, Vulcan and Hesse broke the bottom out of the barrel. Fortunately for you, pretty much anyone off the street will buy an AR lower for $200+, so you did good in this panic. As you mentioned you're not out a lot, I'd sell it and bank the money to put towards another lower.

Quentin2
December 30, 2012, 06:38 PM
Is it polymer or 7075-T6 alloy?

new_scopeshooter
December 30, 2012, 06:45 PM
it is alloy

Technosavant
December 30, 2012, 09:09 PM
Junk.

The one Vulcan rifle I ever saw in person lived up to their reputation... pure, unadulterated garbage. Even the safety was mushy and failed to snap into place positively (something that about anybody can get right... anybody but them, apparently).

Sorry, but I'd sooner arm myself with anything else than something from them.