PDA

View Full Version : purchase of new ar ... story also

siloshooter
December 28, 2012, 05:28 PM
already had one but got a hankrin 4 an other one .
where i live there is an on line sale barn that encompasses about 10-12 central state counties . been several black rifles on this site , among other guns ...had communicated with 3-4 sellers and the last one had a windham arms in like new condition .... the problem , he wanted $1600 for it was going to offer him $`1200 - $1300 . still too much but times to buy right now are tough .didnt make that offer . checked the site yesterday and ..... one ad said "ar for sale "
no other info .
i contacted the seller .... it was a windham weaponary src 100% new in box NEVER fired w manual & case . price $1100 firm . i met the seller today and it was mine it even has a tru glow sight installed not the worlds best but still pretty neat and that was about $70-$80 extra included it had the factory clip and he threw in a 30 rounder marked orlite-eng. co. maybe someone can enlighten me on this clip , i personally never heard of them.
but overall i am highly satisfied with this deal ... i could have done much worse

from what i have researched the windham brand is a very good quality rifle .
i may have not made the deal of the century , but if you are looking for a decent deal on an ar , just wait it out and it just may show up

Palmetto-Pride
December 28, 2012, 05:47 PM
Your about to get flamed for calling a magazine a clip....lol

Congrats on the the new AR!

oldsoonershooter
December 28, 2012, 07:01 PM
Isn't a clip that thing you used on your tie to keep from dragging it through your soup?

Heavy Metal 1
December 28, 2012, 11:51 PM
a "clip" is what the anti-gunners spew their venom about on TV. I keep hoping that IF an anti gun bill is introduced it will say "clip" as we will all happily dance about because they didn't ban a magazine.;)

dascottsman
December 29, 2012, 04:35 AM
Nice AR..Any pics?????

Oh and-------in football, An illegal block in which a player hits an opponent from behind, typically at leg level, is called a clip.

Clipping is a foul that results in a 15-yard penalty

Everyone's a joker, no?

siloshooter
December 29, 2012, 09:12 AM
can anyone identify the " magazine " marked orlite-eng.-co. ?

this darn thing probably is so generic that it deserves the title " clip" !

yes , it is a nice gun . the quality seems on par with just about any other gun in its class and the finish is great . everything seems to fit perfectly . been reading on glock talk there is some dis-satisfaction among " the upper tier " ar folks about the castle nut not being staked and the buffer spring is commercial , not mil spec .
if those are my only concerned , well , i am not too bothered by those 2 issues.
hope to shoot it when time permits.

would send pics but i am not sure how to accomplish that .... never done it b 4 .

Nathan
December 29, 2012, 09:19 AM
Orlites are pretty good. The got me through the Clinton ban. Recently, I sold them to someone who needed them due to an illegal mag ban in their state! Politicians and their crimes!