PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper Than Dirt Price Gouging

Palmetto-Pride
December 28, 2012, 07:57 AM
Catalog I got in the mail yesterday.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w155/bojack2575/3C09229C-A191-4BC0-AAB1-832D76348891-1542-000001C2668664AE.jpg

Their website.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w155/bojack2575/2C5097D4-6F16-405D-9608-F27D89D64346-1542-000001C26BE4AED3.jpg

I believe in capitalism, but what way to screw loyal customers!

angel71rs
December 28, 2012, 08:17 AM
I've boycotted them since their outrageous pricing during the last ammo crisis. Will continue to do so.

rickyrick
December 28, 2012, 08:31 AM
Guys, it's not gouging. You shouldn't bash American companies for making a profit. Adjusting prices is normal in times of high demand.

Ammo is a luxury item, it's not gouging one bit.

Selling baby formula at an excessively high rate after a hurricane is gouging.

Lets be mature about this. We don't like being treated like criminals for our legal activities, don't treat businesses as criminals for exercising their rights.

LockedBreech
December 28, 2012, 08:44 AM
Guys, it's not gouging. You shouldn't bash American companies for making a profit. Adjusting prices is normal in times of high demand.

Ammo is a luxury item, it's not gouging one bit.

Selling baby formula at an excessively high rate after a hurricane is gouging.

Lets be mature about this. We don't like being treated like criminals for our legal activities, don't treat businesses as criminals for exercising their rights.

When the actual manufacturer of the PMag magazines releases a statement admonishing the gouging, you may have gone too far with price adjustment.

They're not criminal. No one is saying they are, but they're darn sure not getting another dime from me, ever. Being mature would have been the owners of CTD realizing that short term profits aren't worth long-term customer loss.

Honestly, I just don't get the impression that CTD cares that much about standing up for the 2A or standing behind their customers.

MidwayUSA and Brownells for this guy!

globemaster3
December 28, 2012, 08:46 AM
It's déjà vu all over again; the pricing, the complaints, the reminders of capitalism....

I'm sorry, I lost track. This is 2008, right?

rickyrick
December 28, 2012, 08:54 AM
Lol, thinking the same thing

gdvan01
December 28, 2012, 09:04 AM
They should change their name to "Cheaper Than Dirt...From The Moon".

:eek:

solocam72
December 28, 2012, 09:06 AM
Wish I had several million rounds to sell, along with a thousand or 2 AR15s and every part for them, buy low SELL HIGH

rickyrick
December 28, 2012, 09:14 AM
They never were the cheapest priced outlet that I could find. I am going to count on $1.00+ per round of .223 for a while, so it's not really shocking.

Myself I'm worried about the availability of premium ammo. 400 more coyotes and I'm done. I should run out of hollow points in february 2027. Not counting any zombie outbreaks between now and then.

Wyo Dutch
December 28, 2012, 09:17 AM
CTD jacked the prices on Ruger Mini14 20-round factory mags to just under $80. Meanwhile, Ruger is still accepting online orders for those mags at $40. Shows the difference between a money-grubbing outfit and a company who vales their customers.

(Does CTD include a jar of vaseline with those 1,000 round .223 orders?)

ratshooter
December 28, 2012, 09:20 AM
I suppose its not price gouging. Its taking advantage of the the situation. And taking advantage of their customers. CTD is good about taking advantage. They proved that in 2008.

I met "Dewayne" the owner once. If the prices at CTD dirt don't leave a bad taste in your mouth then talking to "Dewayne" certainly will. What a little jerk.

CTS
December 28, 2012, 09:48 AM
The Sportsmans Guide is taking back orders on .223 ammo, still at a decent price and say it will be in their possession on Jan 31st and will ship within 24 hours of their receiving it. Roughly 50 cents per round.
Correction, that is 5.56x45 ammo. Winchester 55gr FMJ at $109.18 per box of 200.

spacecoast
December 28, 2012, 09:50 AM
I ordered and received 7.62x39 from SG in the last week at 23 cents per round, free shipping. :)

What I find a bit frustrating about CTD is the multiple-warehouse thing and the rather exorbitant shipping charges from each.

Hairbag
December 28, 2012, 12:48 PM
I agree that they are not price gouging most people are checking their favorite online source and finding out that they are out of ammo but this is not 100% true. Most are simply shutting down ammo sales on their website and moving it to auction sites under a alias name and getting the most they can from the highest dollar bidder and they are doing this so their loyal customers like you for past how many years don't get ****** off and say "well i'm never buying from them again" hence why they are "out of ammo" it's a better business move. Ammo is the new "commodity" not guns. I have also notice that rifle prices are starting to decrease again why? Because ammo is drying up and what good is a rifle if you can't get ammo. Senator Feinstein from CA is the "boggyman" right now she is attempting to go after mags and ammo and who knows if she will get anything passed? but it's that bill that she is sponsoring is the engine driving the ammo market and for along time until it is shot down or passed. The anti-gun people have learned from past lessons.

Mobuck
December 28, 2012, 12:57 PM
It's your choice to buy or not buy. I don't like the idea of raising the price of stock on hand but it's the order of the day for most businesses. When I was in business, I raised the price when I had to replace with new, higher priced stock.
I'm not in the business anymore so I'm selling some high priced stuff that I bought a long time ago(for a heck of a lot less). The price of waiting until the last moment can be high.

RT
December 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
-87% savings?

Xfire68
December 28, 2012, 01:58 PM
When it's artificially adjusting prices for a situation that does not yet exist it's gouging.

Just like the gas prices get jacked up in anticipation of a storm that never comes.

If it costs them more to replace stock then it did a few weeks ago I can understand the price adjustments but, it does not cost 3-5x to replace stock.

Shane Tuttle
December 28, 2012, 02:07 PM
We've had more than a few threads on the topic of companies including CTD raising prices lately. Let's not keep beating this dead horse for the time being.

Closed.