PDA

View Full Version : way off the political topics... older BRNO 22 Mag, Mags

Magnum Wheel Man
December 26, 2012, 07:03 PM
so I have one of those incredible old BRNO 22 mag semi auto rifles, that the mags are impossible to get... I saw Midway had some CZ 22 mag, mags on sale last week, so I ordered one just to check...:o sorry, no dice, the mag is completely different...

the rifles are mildly collectable... but I'm wondering if my machinist buddy might be able to machine the reciever to fit the newer CZ mags ???

I'm doubting it would be possible, but what is your opinions ??? if it should work, it would make the rifle much more shootable, as the mags are commonly available... but the gun will no longer take the odd & rare original mag ( of course if it was modified, I could sell my original )... thoughts ???

tahunua001
December 26, 2012, 07:59 PM
DONT DO IT!!!!
the BRNO 22 mags are very hard to find and even harder to find in good condition. it is a huge pain to find mags for them and they are usually very pricey when they do turn up but modifying them just hurts any collect ability that they have. also I wouldn't classify them as mildy collectable, a SKS is mildly collectable, CZ BRNO 22 mags are dang near extinct.