PDA

View Full Version : SCAR 17 Muzzle Break Replacement

Beretta686
December 25, 2012, 12:54 PM
I ended up jumping on a SCAR 17 before the prices spiked and I think I'll probably keep it. But I hate muzzle breaks as they make the gun so damn loud you could never actually shoot it without ear plugs while actually using it without seriously damaging your hearing. So I'll want to ditch the factory muzzle break.

Does anyone have a recommendation on what to replace it with? I'm not planing on hanging my .30 cal suppressor on it (at least not yet), so I'm just really looking for a flash-hider that won't make it louder.

Theohazard
December 26, 2012, 03:06 AM
While I understand your desire to not make your rifle unnecessarily loud with a muzzle break, according to all the reviews I've read the muzzle break on your SCAR 17 makes a huge difference in recoil.

Dr Big Bird PhD
December 26, 2012, 03:23 AM
If you have the cash to get a SCAR 17 and dislike the brake that much, why don't you get a flash suppressor/muzzle brake.

sailskidrive
December 26, 2012, 09:53 AM
Hmmm... I actually liked the PWS break on my SCAR17So so much that I bought one for my AR and one for my SIG716. :)

I believe the SCARs the military purchases come with a AAC flash/break instead of the PWS.