PDA

View Full Version : I am sure some of you will think this is a dumb question.

Straitshot
December 23, 2012, 10:33 PM
I received the M1A Super Match I ordered about a week ago this past Saturday. I have a question. I thought the barrels were heavy barrels but other than the SM 308 stamped on the barrel it doesn't look any different to me than a standard rifle. I did get a Super Match didn't I? The rifle is pretty heavy but that part of the barrel that is exposed as I said doesn't look any different than a standard rifle to me.

kraigwy
December 23, 2012, 10:49 PM
On the Super Match, the part of the barrel you can readily see is the same size and any other M1A/M14 barrel.

However, the part that is hidden by the stock and hand guard is quite a bit heavier.

Don't pull it from the stock, but if you'll look on the right side where the operating rod goes back and forth you can see the heavy portion of the barrel.

Straitshot
December 23, 2012, 11:55 PM
kraigwy, Thanks for the reply. I thought that might be the way it is but just wanted to check to make sure. I don't plan on removing it from the stock as the instructions say not to unless absolutely necessary since it is glass bedded. Can't wait to get out to the range to see how it shoots.