PDA

View Full Version : VZ 58

arsenalzastava
December 23, 2012, 05:50 PM
Im curious if anyone else owns of these rifles. I have had my czechpoint vz 58 for a year now and have had zero issues. Wolf, brownbear, hollowpoint, fmj, soft point this baby eats it up! Its my go to rifle when the dollar crashes.

straightpull
December 23, 2012, 07:23 PM
I had mine for about 5 years now. Shot over 2,500 rounds of Golden Tiger, Wolf and handloads. No problem of any kind so far. VZ 58 is my favorite of all my carbines. Light, easy to shoot and easy to clean - even in the field. I was thinking of building one (I have parts kit) on a D-Technik receiver early this year but I got sidetracked and instead built an AR-15 (much easier, lol).

arsenalzastava
December 23, 2012, 09:57 PM
best gun i have ever owned , it won;t be long before they are everywhere. Have you seen czechpoint's rifle in the .223?

arsenalzastava
December 23, 2012, 10:58 PM
Im not really a fan of the round but czechpoints .223 looks bad as hell. when czechs build firearms they are extremely reliable , different and weird if that works but highly respected!

navajo
December 23, 2012, 10:58 PM
Superb. Couple of thousand rounds with out a hiccup. Started lusting for one in 1967, got one 2 1/2 years ago. Long wait but worth it.

straightpull
December 23, 2012, 11:08 PM
More and more people are liking the VZ-58 and with the political climate, the distributor is having a hard time keeping up with the demand. They are on backorder right now. I just checked the price at Czechpoint = $1100. Wow. It was $800.00 for sometime.
The .223 (5.56 Nato) version should be great. I haven't seen one in person but there are videos in youtube. Some are using mag adapter for the AR-15 magazines. But like other .223/5.56 semis, they are out of stock :(

chris in va
December 24, 2012, 01:20 AM
I have a bead on one at my local gun store, just pm me for the info. I was looking to get it myself but funds are lacking.

NWCP
December 24, 2012, 01:40 AM
I've owned mine a few years now and really enjoy shooting it. I have replaced the stock furniture with some really nice poly carbon parts from ZAHAL in Israel. While it's not the most accurate rifle I own it does what it's supposed to do and does it well.

samdunc
December 24, 2012, 05:59 AM
The vz 58 is very popular here in Canada as AK 47 variants are prohibited and vz's are not. I have the CSA vz58 in 223 and like it so much I am considering another in 7.62x39. The Czech Small Arms vz 58's are very nice rifles.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc05ysc7fx1rhu0r6o1_1280.jpg

arsenalzastava
December 24, 2012, 05:31 PM
That is awesome. Everyone is catching on to them now. I cant believe the price is $1100 now. I got mine for 800! Great pic man. Mine has a little darker purple stocks.

Venom1956
December 24, 2012, 08:00 PM
Everyone is catching on to them now.

Lol. Good thing you were here!

Selling like hot cakes! Bet thats why CZ stopped importing them... two years ago.
http://cz-usa.com/products/view/vz-58-military-sporter/

While it is a fantastic rifle, one of my favorites, people tend to stick with what they know. Hence we have the infamous AK and the American AR. 99% people that see or hold a VZ58 don't even know what it is.

arsenalzastava
December 24, 2012, 10:37 PM
Thats because they are sheeple, they never challenge anything that they are told. The vz 58 is as good as any rifle in history my friend. They listen to the dummy box or tv , if its not on there they dont know about it. Peace be with you my friend! The only thing they know is glock was the first striker fired gun, haha

Bird3897
December 24, 2012, 11:41 PM
I will have mine out of layaway soon, I have read a lot about them and the military version I am picking up is light and seems to handle very well. They are very good quality guns with milled recievers. The down side is mags are hard to come by and are fairly expensive. I am myself a fan of the 7.62, good knockdown power, plenty of cheap ammo (if you get some brass you can reload it). I like AR style guns but this one just seemed to handle very nice and point very well for me, I look forward to picking mine up, I think it will be a sure keeper:D These rifles will surely be on the ban list if it actually happens. :eek:

globemaster3
December 25, 2012, 08:24 AM
I can tell you that during my recent deployment, I worked around and with quite a few Czechs. About 50% had converted to the Bren, which is replacing the VZ58.

All talked affectionately about the 58 and liked its ease of disassembly and function.

All of the models I saw were the folding stock variety.