PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Super black Eagle: 3 Gun

Sean Thornton
November 18, 2012, 05:43 PM
I was asked by a friend if I might be interested in doing some 3 Gun shoots. Sounded good to me. I had thought about buying a Mossberg 930 semi auto but then remebered I had a Super Black Eagle I used for goose hunting years ago. The SBE has a 28 inch barrel but no extended magazine, that I can find. Do they make a pistol grip stock for the SBE? Mine is an earlier one and not the SBE II.

mr kablammo
November 18, 2012, 10:34 PM
You may get more response on the Three Gun forum at brianenos.com

Creeper
November 18, 2012, 11:13 PM
The SBE has a 28 inch barrel but no extended magazine, that I can find. Do they make a pistol grip stock for the SBE?
Most (maybe 80% if I was to take a edumacated guess) 3-gunners don't use a PG stock. I've tried it both ways with an M2. I like a Mesa Tactical "Urbino" stock for the HD gun (12.5" LOP), and a standard straight stock, cut down to a 13.25" LOP for 3-G.
28" barrel is kinda cumbersome for 3-G... but fine for your first attempt. Watch out with getting hung up on barricades. I tried a 26" for awhile and went back to 22" and 24"... 'cause my bad depth perception had me swinging and shoving when I didn't have the room to either swing nor shove. :p
I was asked by a friend if I might be interested in doing some 3 Gun shoots. Sounded good to me.Just put an extended tube on it and maybe a clamp if its a cheap, thin-wall tube... and go for it. If you like it, then chances are you'll want to buy or build a dedicated gun.

springfield 720
November 18, 2012, 11:16 PM
they do.. I've seen them on Ebay, gunsamerica and Cabela's did have them.???

LSnSC
November 20, 2012, 05:52 PM
The SBE is a great shotgun for 3 gun. It,s one of the easiest loading autos, which is half the battle. Nordic Components makes a top notch extension and clamp for it.

krimmie
November 22, 2012, 10:37 AM
Sean, is your SBE black synthetic or camo? I have a 24" SBE barrel in RealTree and would love a 28"...mine is the same SBE1 model with mobilchokes as yours.