PDA

View Full Version : SG Works


sc928porsche
November 12, 2012, 11:24 AM
Just arrived this morning. SG Works bullpup stock for SKS. Took it out of the package and inspected. All the parts are there. Looks well built. Going to put my SKS-D into it. Dosnt look like a difficult project.

Anyone else here have one and if so, do you like it and any "tricks" you might suggest on installation?

Carne Frio
November 12, 2012, 12:58 PM
I have one that is still in the box. Just have had
too many other things going on. I did find this
link that has entries from those who have done
the conversion.:D
http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=108888.0

sc928porsche
November 12, 2012, 07:32 PM
Thank you for the link. It helps some.

sc928porsche
November 13, 2012, 11:25 PM
Well, its in. Not too bad at all. Had to take just a little off front stock retainer guide (front plastic) to fit snugly and then a little off the thickness of the rear barrel support (metal). Getting the trigger adjusted was the most difficult part. AK mags fit but had to notch a little bit of plastic at the bottom of the magwell to accept the drum. Not difficult but time consuming because I didnt want a hack job.

My trigger has already been redone with positive incline and highly polished mating surfaces. Trigger creep is slight but definately safe. Would have been nice if safety design stopped hammer instead of blocking trigger. And Murray spring firing pin was installed at the time of the trigger work.

Now its time to order some more parts. Halo sight, front grip, bi pod, muzzle brake, lazer, and flashlight. I am going to give a bit more thought to the sling and how to attach it without interfering. Also thinking about making some sort of butt pad for it.

sc928porsche
November 16, 2012, 12:58 AM
While I am waiting for parts, I found some conveyor belt. I have removed the action cover and the L and R buttstock halves. Used some 36 grit sandpaper to rough up the pad mating surfaces. I cut up the belt larger than required and cleaned thoroughly. I mixed up some slow cure epoxy and put it on stock and rubber surfaces. I used stips of 3/8" plywood, put rubber belt material on stock, then strip of plywood on top to even out the pressure of the clamps and then applied clamps. Items will set for 24 hours, then I will remove them and trim the rubber to the stock configurations. I dont expect this to reduce the recoil by any degree, but it will give me a non skid surface.