PDA

View Full Version : Knight's Armament

cmdc
November 6, 2012, 03:47 PM
How does it stack up against the competition? I did a search here, and didn't find much.

CharlieDeltaJuliet
November 6, 2012, 04:00 PM
Knight's Armament are Tier 1+. They are among some of the best rifles period. I am a huge fan of the SASS. They are expensive but worth it. Their Quality Control is second to none in the rifle business. That is the only reason I added the plus. Their reps. may come off as cocky, but they do make some of the best rifles out there.

jjyergler
November 6, 2012, 07:24 PM
I know Reed Knight, I know lots of folks who work there. Best. Rifle. Period. I don't own one (they haven't bought my loyalty, but I'm open to it) I have toured their facility and know they are top notch from top to bottom.

Quentin2
November 6, 2012, 08:59 PM
I agree that KAC is one of the best ARs, especially as a duty rifle. The only things I can think of to point out are the high price and that some parts are proprietary, like the bolt and barrel. So you can't buy a typical BCG as a replacement, you'd need to find a KAC which could be difficult on short notice.

Still, excellent, excellent rifle.

cmdc
November 6, 2012, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the input. I'm glad to know it is so well regarded. Now another question: Which barrel length would be best overall, 16" or 18"? Pros/cons.