PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Question

rev579
November 5, 2012, 10:01 PM
I am looking at tweaking my 03-A3, specifically the trigger. So much has been said about the Timney, and while there are a handful of others out there, I was looking for some feedback from you guys here.
Thanks in advance.

603Country
November 5, 2012, 10:39 PM
I bought and installed a Timney trigger on my Ruger Hawkeye, and it was pretty easy and the instructions were easy to understand (and the internet had good info also). I don't know if that means it'll be that easy for you to install it on an 03.

Scorch
November 6, 2012, 01:56 AM
Timneys are easy to install and work pretty well. They are hard to beat for the money. They come with good instructions.

rev579
November 6, 2012, 07:19 AM
I guess what I am trying to get a grip on is where is the sweet spot between cost and function? Also, I have bedded my current action, will this be a problem? I don't think it should.

603Country
November 6, 2012, 10:27 AM
You might have to remove a small amount of wood from the stock. I've got my Ruger in an aftermarket stock with aluminum bedding and I had to file away a small amount of metal to give clearance to the new trigger. Wood will be much easier to remove.

oneoldsap
November 6, 2012, 07:35 PM
So you aren't talking tweak you're talking raplacement , there's a difference ! Tweaking a two stage trigger is a whole lot harder !

rev579
November 6, 2012, 09:12 PM
Oneoldsap, I can't make a valid or effective case against your point. I am sure there's a difference b/t tweaking a two stage trigger and switching one out.
Just because I have tools doesn't make me a smith, but I am willing to learn. Hopefully it will happen without messing anything up alomg the way.

rev579
November 7, 2012, 09:21 AM
What are the pro's & con's of the Featherweight, featherweight deluxe, or sportsman? What do you understand the practical difference to be?
Again, thank you.

Scorch
November 7, 2012, 11:56 AM
The way I understand it:
Sportsman- trigger weight 2-4 lbs, no safety
Featherweight- trigger weight 1.5-4 lbs, no safety
Featherweight deluxe- trigger weight 1.5-3 lbs, side safety

So, in essence, it boils down to how much adjustability you want, and whether or not you want a side safety.

rev579
November 7, 2012, 07:52 PM
I've got an FD on my 25-06, just unsure about the differences.