PDA

View Full Version : Old Age and Treachery: 10/30

.300 Weatherby Mag
October 30, 2012, 09:15 PM
Went skeet shooting with Dad today... Shot two rounds of skeet, scored a 49... The old fart managed to pull out a 50... He's just getting grumpier and shooting better as time goes on... The competition shooter of 25 years ago is coming back with a VENGEANCE!!!:eek: Its awesome to shoot with Dad, but man is it tough to shoot a 49 and lose!!! :( These weekly Perazzi beat downs are getting to be the norm... Better step up my game!!!;)

TheKlawMan
October 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
That Rascal! If you shot a 48, he would have shot a 49; a 47 and he would post a 48. Just leave your skeet chokes in for tomorrow's traps.

340 Weatherby
October 31, 2012, 12:21 AM
I softened him up for you today Rich. He's yours tomorrow!

TheKlawMan
October 31, 2012, 12:53 AM
Thanks. The way things have been going I need all the help I can get. I think I am going to invent clay targets with embedded remote detonated explosives that are set off a half second after I pull the trigger. You know you are welcome to come out.

BigJimP
October 31, 2012, 03:43 PM
You guys are just being mean....:D Yeah for the old guys !! ....

( just imagine how good the old man would be - if she shot a Browning - rather than that crummy Italian gun ...) ....:D

TheKlawMan
October 31, 2012, 05:38 PM
Don't ever listen to .300 when he says he can't shoot. We did three lines of 16 yard trap and he went 24/24/24 BUT HIS GAME IS SKEEET. The guy is getting dangerous. Keep teaching him some humility, 340.

BigJimP
October 31, 2012, 06:19 PM
Stay on his case, ..he might crack .....figure out his weak spot ....(maybe donuts, or a little more caffeine...before you guys head to the firing line ) ....you can take him !!

....probably not his dad....but take on the weak links first....then go after the old man....

.300 Weatherby Mag
November 1, 2012, 01:45 AM
just imagine how good the old man would be - if she shot a Browning - rather than that crummy Italian gun ...) ....

Dad is a Browning HO... He shoot straights with those too..

BigJimP
November 1, 2012, 10:37 AM
I Knew It ....( a Browning shotgun makes everything Better !! ).....:D

340 Weatherby
November 1, 2012, 02:04 PM
The more Brownings the better!

BigJimP
November 1, 2012, 02:18 PM
You're probably just like my adult kids..... ;)

Hey Dad, nice gun !

Buy some more nice guns !

...and if you're not feeling well, I'll be happy to store 15 or 20 of them for you ...:D ...........

SPEMack618
November 1, 2012, 06:48 PM
My Father taught me to shoot trap and skeet, and coached our 4-H skeet team, and would consistently beat us with whatever gun proffered, do his best work with an Ithaca 37 featherweight with a modified choke.

The term infuriating doesn't begin to describe it.

.300 Weatherby Mag
November 1, 2012, 11:08 PM
You're probably just like my adult kids.....

Hey Dad, nice gun !

Buy some more nice guns !

...and if you're not feeling well, I'll be happy to store 15 or 20 of them for you ... ...........

I bought a Browning BSS 20 gauge out from under .340... Lets just say he was cranky about it :D... A gun he had being trying to buy for several years and I poached it right out from under him....:o

BigJimP
November 2, 2012, 10:28 AM
Just remember payback is a bitch.....my youngest son is in his mid 30's...( and his 3 yr old son - had a birthday a couple of weeks ago ..) ...

On the drive down to his house for the B'Day party ....we stopped in Cabelas...and bought the 3 yr old grandson a Duck Call (-- and a landyard - so he can wear it around his neck ) and his daddy won't take it away from him...!! And I taught him how to blow it a little at the B-Day party ...!!!