PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger (sorry for the pun) on my first 5.56!

smokiniron
October 28, 2012, 07:08 PM
This gun and picture are so fresh, I haven't even de-greased the gun, cleaned the bore, or even unwrapped the PMag! Apologies for the 'artistic' license. I had tons of oak leaves just laying around! So, I got the burlap bags.....

I think I'm going to chase down a few 10 and 20 rd mags and some 5.56 M193 ammo and hit the range next day off.

the rifleer
October 28, 2012, 09:01 PM
Very exciting man. I always feel all giggly when I get a new gun too:D

chris in va
October 28, 2012, 09:13 PM
You'll love that Sport. Mine has been great.

Try and find a shielded Colt foregrip if you can. Mine came with a non heat shielded and it gets hot pretty darn quick. I found a used one at a show for $10.

smokiniron
October 28, 2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah... They're not cheap! Maybe if I can't find one, I'll pack the stock one with aluminum foil!

the rifleer
October 28, 2012, 10:13 PM
Don't use aluminum foil. Aluminum conducts heat extremely well. I'm not at all familiar with the rifle, but if you can pack it with anything, pack it with fiberglass insulation.

madcratebuilder
October 30, 2012, 06:06 AM
Don't pack it, it needs air circulation to cool. Single shield HG's are nearly free and double shield HG's are around $10.

rebs
October 30, 2012, 06:43 AM
Congratulations on an excellent choice on an AR.
You will love the Sport, it is accurate all day long. I use hand loads and get 1/2" and under groups at 100 yards. I have not noticed any problem with the hand quard or heat, but then I don't do mag dumps etc. I mainly shoot for accuracy and work up the most accurate loads for my rifles. I will say the Sport at 100 yards has been one of my most accurate rifles.

Skadoosh
October 30, 2012, 06:50 AM
I have a set of heat shield hand guards that you can have for free. Sort of a welcome to "the EBR club" gift.

PM me with your address.

plouffedaddy
October 30, 2012, 08:08 AM
I have a set of heat shield hand guards that you can have for free. Sort of a welcome to "the EBR club" gift.

PM me with your address.

Tough to beat that deal!

For around $20 you can get a Magpul set that will allow a little more options and has great heat shielding...

The Sport is a great rifle for the money---enjoy.

Skadoosh
October 30, 2012, 08:38 AM
Yeah, they arent Magpul hand guards. They are standard, single-shield. But they are in perfect condition...and they are just layin' around on my work bench taking up real estate.

BLUETIP
October 30, 2012, 09:48 AM
Congrats on your new ar.;)

RetiredMajor
October 30, 2012, 10:31 AM
Skadoosh, if he doesn't take you up on your offer, I will. I bought the Sport, too and love it.

Major

smokiniron
October 30, 2012, 06:44 PM

Skadoosh, got your message, just now. I'm in, and very appreciative! It's a very kind gesture, and I do feel 'welcome'!. Thank you!

Smokiniron

Justice06RR
October 31, 2012, 04:43 AM
Congrats on your first Evil Black Rifle! you made a good choice with the M&P Sport.

Happy shooting!

Marquezj16
October 31, 2012, 05:21 AM
Congrats on your new rifle and welcome to the "Sport Fan Club" :D
I hope yours is accurate and functions 100%.
I wish mine came with the Magpul MBUS.