PDA

View Full Version : Daewoo DR200 Optics/Scope

lefkosia
October 26, 2012, 07:58 PM
Ok, am getting around to shooting my DR200 and am finding out quick just how old my eyes are. When shooting out to 50 yards or so I have fairly good accuracy however once I pass this distance my shot starts to wander. I just can't see very well past that.

I am wondering if a red dot or a scope is the solution. My understanding is that the red dot is to aid with site aquisition at close range. Sounds good but this is not what I am trying to acheive.

Ok, now on to the scope. Don't laugh!!!!!! I am desperate here. Will a scope work and has anyone done this? Suggestions please.

ronl
October 26, 2012, 08:13 PM
You just have to find a rail that fits the gun. I have a K-2 and there are two screws in the upper for rail attachment . My Daewoo is quite accurate and I've been thinking of adding a small 4x scope to it. I'll probably just buy a blank rail and drill it out on the drill press.

lefkosia
October 26, 2012, 08:24 PM
The gun has a Stoneworks rail.

Will a magnifier fit with a red dot? Will this give me range?

Not familiar with optics have just used open sites.

5.56RifleGuy
October 26, 2012, 08:30 PM
You might like an ACOG they are kind of a red dot and magnified scope combined. They are very good quality, but expensive. I have one that fits on an AR carry handle and one for a flat top. Both are 4x magnification.