PDA

View Full Version : AR Front Sight At Max Elevation

MuzzleBlast
October 23, 2012, 03:44 PM
So I have a frankenAR with a Bushmaster "Dissipator" top half with the removable carry handle. The rifle prints a couple inches high, and I have the front sight as high as it will go without popping out, and the rear bottomed out. Does anyone make taller front sights for AR?

rbernie
October 23, 2012, 04:07 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/810857/dpms-front-sight-post-square-extended-030-higher-ar-15-matte

MuzzleBlast
October 23, 2012, 07:28 PM
Perfect! Thanks!

madcratebuilder
October 24, 2012, 06:22 AM
Bush Master makes one that +.040". When I have needed one for a Bush Master FSB I have called BM and they send one free. That was old BM service, no idea about new BM service.

MuzzleBlast
October 24, 2012, 08:12 AM
Just got off the phone with BM. They are sending me the sight post free.
Still doesn't answer the question of why they don't automatically put these in uppers they ship with removable carry handles.

Crow Hunter
October 24, 2012, 12:00 PM
They, for some reason, they have always done this....:rolleyes:

The M4gery style carbine carry handle needs the "F" marked front sight base to be the correct height so that you can zero it.

My guess is that they assume that their target market won't bother sighting it in and will just blast away bump firing.

Either that or they assume that there is enough variation in production that most people will be just able to sight it in and it is cheaper to send those who can't a taller front sight than to keep up with 2 different front sight base heights...