PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense

albertanhb
October 20, 2012, 08:55 AM
Hey everyone I was looking for some advise on Daniel Defense ar platforms. I am currently looking to purchase an ar carbine. My first question is are Daniel Defense uppers made of Cast.
Is anyone familiar with HERA arms ar 15 platforms and if so what did they think of them.

I am just trying to find a high quality product that will last the duration. I have used Colt extensively but unfortunately up here in Canada that is a military or law enforcement option only. Thanks for the help

Amsdorf
October 20, 2012, 10:01 AM
DD rifles are fantastic, here's mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9g5QErEfqY

Ridge_Runner_5
October 20, 2012, 02:34 PM
DD does not cast their receivers. Almost nobody does anymore. Just about everybody uses forged uppers and lowers. A handful also do billet receivers.

Daniel Defense makes a fantastic gun, one of the upper tiers of AR manufacturing.

I've never actually seen a HERA brand AR-15 in the wild. Looking on their website doesn't offer any prices, but they seem like a boutique manufacturer, who is mostly involved with HK conversions. I'm betting they're more expensive than they are worth.

osageid
October 20, 2012, 02:38 PM
My son purchased a DD AR, I love it ! They are great AR's! Just ask Larry Vickers :)

CharlieDeltaJuliet
October 20, 2012, 05:21 PM
I have a DD V4 and it is top notch. I really think DD can hold their own against the best AR's.

RT
October 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
DD rifles are some of the best you can buy.
Check out their torture test
https://danieldefense.com/TortureTest

BLUETIP
October 20, 2012, 05:57 PM
Those torture test results are amazing!!!! Most impressive.

albertanhb
October 20, 2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the information on the DD you guys made up my mind for me. It will make a nice package. New DD and a new Kimber Covert all coming in the mail. Gotta love it.I appreciate all the advise.

FrosSsT
October 20, 2012, 08:38 PM
DD is a great rifle. I did alot of research on them and there are many positive reviews.

triage1998
October 21, 2012, 11:40 AM
DD rifles are very high quality firearms.