PDA

View Full Version : Is there a red dot scope with also a green laser

bobbart
October 19, 2012, 05:46 PM
Is there a red dot scope with also a green laser.

I have a ruger mini14

Thanks for you feedback,
bobbart

Shotgun693
October 19, 2012, 08:09 PM
Cheaper Than Dirt shows one online.

Yung.gunr
October 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
Curiosity, why so particular about the laser being green?

Ridge_Runner_5
October 20, 2012, 01:25 PM
Red lasers are worthless outdoors. Even under cloudy skies, they aren't visible during daylight hours.

Red is one of the least intense colors to the human eye. That is why you use red lights for reading or whatever if you want to maintain your night vision.

Green, on the other hand, is one of the most intense colors to the human eye. Which is why NVGs utilize it.

geetarman
October 20, 2012, 01:28 PM
If it is light enough to render a laser useless, why not use back up iron sights or a scope?

Ridge_Runner_5
October 20, 2012, 02:30 PM
Lasers have two uses;

1. Force escalation. You use it in a standoff scenario to create a psychologically aggressive statement.

2. Close quarters rapid acquisition. Your sights are set for a certain range. Lasers are used in an intermediate range in close proximity to your target so you don't have to worry about mentally adjusting for elevation.

Metal god
October 20, 2012, 03:08 PM
Red is the first color to disappear in the atmosphere and under water . thats why alot of guys use red line when fishing . does any body know what the last color to disappear in the atmosphere is ?

Metal god
October 20, 2012, 03:09 PM
:eek::eek: and thats why the sky is blue ;)

mitranoc
October 21, 2012, 07:41 AM
Ridge_Runner_5,

Any class IIIa laser (of any color) seems to be useless for outdoor semi-bright conditions. FWIW, for my job I have to use a laser almost everyday in the operating room. I used to use a green laser, and the technicians always said that it was easier to see the red one under the flourescent lights.

bobbart
October 21, 2012, 12:15 PM
Is there a red dot scope with also a green laser.
I have a ruger mini14. It seems I can't find one.
I just want to check it out.

Thanks for your replies,
bobbart