View Full Version : If this has been asked, Sorry in advance: The CITADEL .22 M1

October 19, 2012, 03:23 PM

Whats the deal with these? Just saw one for the first time at the LGS. Fingered all over it pretty good, and it seemed to be decently made. They wanted $299 NIB with the black synthetic stock. But Bud's has them for $249.99 with free shipping.

I know they have some plastic parts (what doesn't these days) And I already have some 10/22s (and no, I don't care for the 10/22 M1 stock) Just thought it looked like a neat little plinker. For $250 shipped, I was going to get two...one for me and one for my ol' man for Christmas.

I heard these will fit in a genuine wood M1 stock with minimal to no modification.
I already have one, and can get another dirt cheap from the same guy. Soooo. are these reliable and accurate enough to enjoy some cheap pop can blasting?

I APOLOGIZE IF I'M BEATING A DEAD HORSE. I know these may have been out for a while, but I live in a cave and haven't seen one till today.:D

October 19, 2012, 03:31 PM
I just saw one the other day in a wood stock. I want one. Don't know anything about 'em though.

October 21, 2012, 08:42 AM
Nobody has one :( Guess I'll just try my luck:rolleyes:

October 22, 2012, 04:15 PM
It's Italian, made by Chiappa-aka Armi Sport.

October 22, 2012, 06:45 PM
While I knew it was an Italian made gun by chiappa...I did not know they were linked with (same as/owned by/owned) armi-sport. Our reenactment group had several '61 Springfields made by armi-sport, they were pretty high quality...thanks for the info, good to know.

I wish I could find someone that has got their hands dirty with one of these little fellers, and could give me an accuracy report. I figure they have more gas and debris blow-back than say, my 10/22s since they have a completely open bolt/ejection area...I don't see why they wouldn't be just as, if not more accurate than any other semi-auto in it's price range...but you never know.