PDA

View Full Version : Romney and Gun Owners

KingDF
October 15, 2012, 04:53 PM
I'm just curious why so many gun owners think Romney is the answer, when he has supported many ANTI gun laws in the past. He supported the Assault Weapons ban as well. How is it that gun owners have suddenly forgot his voting history with the 2nd Amendment?

Woody55
October 15, 2012, 04:59 PM
I haven't forgotten.

However, he is tied to a support base that is more pro Second Amendment than what the President is tied to.

This isn't my only issue though. Or even the most important. The economy, taxes, jobs and the like are more important to me.

Panfisher
October 15, 2012, 05:27 PM
I've never thought any politician was the answer to anything.

hodaka
October 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
Getting Obama out trumps any negative comments regarding Romney or politicians. Vote and make a change!

Ozzieman
October 15, 2012, 05:47 PM
I know that this isn’t the best way to make such an important decision concerning leaders of our nation, state and county but I vote NRA.
The upcoming NRA magazine will give the names of the most pro gun people going for office.
I have such an investment and such an interest in guns that to me it is the most important reason to vote for a particular person.
I don’t know if NRA will suggest Mit but one thing’s for sure, they won’t vote for the present nonleader of our country.
Personally, I couldn’t have said it better than hodaka

Chris_B
October 15, 2012, 06:00 PM
Any smart strategist picks his battles

But this has nothing specifically to do with rifles. Wrong forum

darestie
October 15, 2012, 06:10 PM
I think we're at a point where our 2nd amendment is relatively safe. No politician, republican or democrat, would be dumb enough to try and touch gun laws. By doing so they almost guarantee that they won't be re-elected. The firearm industry is massive and no doubt it plays an important part in our economy. In this already bad economy no one wants to make it worse. Obama or Romney, I don't really think it matters as neither would prioritize gun reform over the more important current issues.

I do believe there will be another attempt to restrict "assault rifles" but I don't see it happening until after we pull out of this recession.

RT
October 15, 2012, 06:26 PM
Better than Obama.
IBTL

darestie
October 15, 2012, 06:31 PM
^^^ I'll agree with that. Just don't think it makes a difference when it comes to gun laws.

Ridge_Runner_5
October 15, 2012, 06:35 PM
Romney signed a permanent weapons ban into law as governor of MA.
Obama signed legal carry into national parks and firearms on AMTRAK trains as President.

Tom Servo
October 15, 2012, 06:44 PM
This is in the wrong subforum. Furthermore, election politics are against the rules in any subforum.