PDA

View Full Version : Duracoat, armacoat, KG cote, whatcoat?

Rustle in the Bushes
October 11, 2012, 10:52 PM
Getting ready to spray an m1a. Wanting to go with a sage green stock and matte black receiver but there seems to be alot of products on the market. What do I use groupthink?

TAKtical
October 12, 2012, 02:42 AM
Cerakote

mySig229
October 12, 2012, 04:36 AM
+1 Cerakote...dura coat is crap in comparison

Single Six
October 12, 2012, 05:33 AM
If it were me, I'd have it plated. You might consider Mahovsky's Metalife. I sent them my blued Single Six, and it came back with their proprietary SS Chromium M finish, looking for all the world like stainless steel. For a fine rifle such as your M1A, I'd give them a try.

Rustle in the Bushes
October 12, 2012, 01:06 PM
Sorry folks its an m305 norinco which cost about $500 up here. It aint going to no professional- though I will defenitely practice on a couple items before I try to spray my baby.

Duracoat takes alot of crap so its out- cerakoat eh? I hear great things about the kg cote anybody tried it?

I have access to an oven for drying

Technosavant
October 12, 2012, 01:27 PM
I've used Duracoat and it isn't that difficult (although an airbrush and air compressor is by far the best way to do it). I won't say it's the best product on the market; I've not used the others, but it does work well.

Jo6pak
October 12, 2012, 05:47 PM
Duracoat does get alot of bashing, and I can't figure out why. We've used it on Guns, Knives, and even Jeep and Motorcycle parts. The stuff is uber easy to apply, and pretty friggin tough.

Granted, I haven't used Cerakote, but Duracoat has stood up to everything we've put it thru.