PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on a Rifles Value

BlackJackID
October 8, 2012, 09:23 AM
I have a Marlin Camp Carbine 9mm, that I have only ever shot about 30 rounds through. Its a really cool rifle, but I just don't use it so I decided to get rid of it. I have 2 30 round mags for it, and the stock magazine. I have a nichols 3-9 variable scope on it. Mechanically and cosmetically the rifle is about 95% or more. I cant seem to nail down how much its worth..Can someone give me an Idea? I am hoping to be able to sell it or trade it for another AK...

Any help or guidance would be appreciated...

g.willikers
October 8, 2012, 04:27 PM
They show up quite regularly on gunbroker.com auctions.
Most seem to be in the $350 to $400 range.
Yours should bring more due to the low mileage and extras.
Check over there to see.

Creeper
October 8, 2012, 06:01 PM
Most seem to be in the $350 to $400 range.
Yours should bring more due to the low mileage and extras.

I'd have to agree with that. Local pricing may vary from region to region, but the overall average is right in that range.

The scope may actually be worth something sold separately... without effecting the sales value of the rifle.
Nichols scopes were made by Nikon, and it might have value to a collector of Japanese optics... if it's in really nice shape. Do a separate Google search and see what yours might be selling for.

C

BlackJackID
October 9, 2012, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys...Actually took the Rifle to my favorite LGS and swapped it for a Bushmaster police trade in

Creeper
October 9, 2012, 08:51 AM
That was easy! Hope he gave you fair dealer trade value... but then again, he probably got the ex-LEO Bushies for a song.

C

BlackJackID
October 9, 2012, 09:45 PM
Yea..He gave me great trade value...straight across.. ;)