PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Takedown Accuracy

baddarryl
September 26, 2012, 04:12 PM
Are they as accurate as any stock 10/22 and do they stay tight with lots of rounds. I am wondering about longevity with the way they break down and all. Just a thought. Thanks.

K1500
September 26, 2012, 07:50 PM
They are MORE accurate than the standard 10-22. I only have about 3,000 or 4,000 rounds through mine, so I cannot comment on longevity. Check back in 15 years.

jmr40
September 26, 2012, 11:13 PM
There is an adjusment knob that you tighten to take out any slack that could come with any wear from breaking them down and reassembling them many times. It works simlar to the barrel nut on a Savage,except it is hand tighten only. You loosen the nut and install the barrel, lock the quick release lever, then tighten the nut. After that you can just move the quick release lever to remove the barrel. If any slack gets in there you can always re tighten the barrel nut.

I've had mine a couple of months, shot it very little so far and only with iron sights so I cannot comment on accuracy except to say that it is pretty good with irons for me.

The newer production 10-22's seem to be far more accuate than older versions. I have a recent manufacture standard model that hangs right with my CZ. I see no reason why the take down version would be any less accurate.