PDA

View Full Version : Different adcor uppers?

bjones870
September 18, 2012, 08:40 AM
I have an Adcor piston upper, where the piston rod is attached to the bolt itself. I was at work, and we got a new adcor piston gun, where the piston rod isn't attached to the bolt. They're both adcor, and both piston. What's the diference in models? Does anyone know they name of the models? I checked adcors sight and didn't find anything.

TimW77
September 18, 2012, 02:29 PM
"I have an Adcor piston upper, where the piston rod is attached to the bolt itself. I was at work, and we got a new adcor piston gun, where the piston rod isn't attached to the bolt. They're both adcor, and both piston. What's the diference in models? Does anyone know they name of the models? I checked adcors sight and didn't find anything."

Don't know anything about Adcor but this is one of the reasons I will NOT buy a piston AR...

Although DI AR rifle parts are standardized and you can "mix and match" parts between brands this is NOT the case with piston ARs.

Every manufacturer has their own idea on how a piston AR should be built.:rolleyes:

Now with a single manufacturer having 2 different systems the situation is even worse!:eek:

Until a single piston system becomes predominate in the market or better yet, standardized, I'll stick with DI and one set of spare parts!

T.