PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendations on AR15 trigger

THORN74
September 15, 2012, 12:03 PM
So I have an AR15 I built, it having issues double or trippeling when I reset the sear. So that trigger set has got to go..... it was a cheap set from rguns....

I am looking for a drop in 2 stage ..... what's good. ... the rifle is set up for mid range to cqb ... exps2 eotech no mag yet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dgludwig
September 15, 2012, 12:32 PM
I like the Rock River two-stage National Match trigger a lot. I'm pretty sure it's a drop-in proposition for most AR-15s and it is one of the more affordable after-market trigger options.

cbm1948
September 15, 2012, 04:18 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/247530/geissele-super-semi-automatic-trigger-ar-15-lr-308-small-pin-154-two-stage-matte

Give this a look I have one and really like it.

Clint

hodaka
September 15, 2012, 04:19 PM
I bought an ALG Combat trigger from AIM surplus and like it just fine on a CAR. Single stage, a bit heavy around 5 lbs but very crisp. Not target quality like my Jewell but a decent trigger at a great price. $65 if I recall correctly.

THORN74
September 15, 2012, 04:56 PM
Any meaningful diff between the STD era nm trigger and the chrome????

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mobuck
September 15, 2012, 07:01 PM
AR trigger technique can cause bump firing(doubling/tripling as you called it). Learn to pull through the trigger, hold it, and release. I have more than one AR that will bump fire if I don't pay attention. It happens more often after I've spent some time with a bolt rifle with a good trigger. I get used to pulling just enough to fire instead of following through.

ms6852
September 15, 2012, 09:25 PM
I have the AR predator pursuit and the 2 stage trigger it comes with is really nice. As a matter of fact my brother like it so much I ordered the trigger for his bushmaster.

It was real easy to put in his AR. Despite the fact that I stumbled a little bit with the hammer and spring I was still able put the whole trigger assembly in less than 20 minutes and I had never done this before.

You can probably buy better triggers than the 2 stage trigger from RRA, but not for less than a $100.

THORN74
September 15, 2012, 10:34 PM
AR trigger technique can cause bump firing(doubling/tripling as you called it). Learn to pull through the trigger, hold it, and release. I have more than one AR that will bump fire if I don't pay attention. It happens more often after I've spent some time with a bolt rifle with a good trigger. I get used to pulling just enough to fire instead of following through.

yeah.... not the case .... it happens after the shot as I slowly release the trigger forward to reset the sear. It happened in my m14 and it was a defective trigger bar. Its not bump firing.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

eviltravis
September 15, 2012, 10:46 PM
Rock river arms 2 stage trigger gets my recommendation .

TimW77
September 15, 2012, 10:59 PM
And mine...

pturner67
September 15, 2012, 11:08 PM
take a look at geissele

madcratebuilder
September 16, 2012, 06:46 AM
IMHO the ArmaLite Tactical two stage AR FCG is the best bang for the buck going. The disconnector is extra wide for increase wear resistance. The disco also has a three position spring that allows you to adjust pull weight in .5 lb increments. There are no added screws or pins to come loose or out of adjustment, just a simple spring postilion change.

If you have the skill and experience to work with the FCG, ArmaLite has some great tuning info on their Knowledge Base website. These FCG's can be tuned to be the equal of any two stage AR trigger on the market at one third the cost.

rebs
September 16, 2012, 07:01 AM
RRA is what I have and it is excellent

GreySmoke
September 16, 2012, 04:19 PM
These are true dropin triggers.

http://www.jsesurplus.com/search.aspx?find=cmc

DnPRK
September 16, 2012, 10:58 PM
Geissele SSA