PDA

View Full Version : Another old AR-15 (Sendra Corp.)

TimW77
August 23, 2012, 11:57 PM
Just started a thread on an old Olympic Arms AR-15 I have.

This second AR-15 I've never heard of.

It is marked Sendra Corp. Barrington, IL Serial number 06xxx.

This one has a 20" standard (light) barrel.

Lower has a somewhat purple color to it.

Again it was purchased used so I have no idea what its age is.

T.

sailskidrive
August 24, 2012, 10:15 AM
Sendra made lowers and parts about 30 years ago... if I remember correctly they had some interaction with Bushmaster early on and have some sort of lineage link to Model 1 Sales or Delton....

Quality and tolerances were not very good early on with companies that dabbled in the AR market; you're probably better off buying a new parts kits from a company such as PSA as we all know that the deviations in quality between manufacturers has shrunk considerably.

TimW77
August 24, 2012, 02:42 PM
Did a search before posting this but my late night spelling must not have been very good.

Searched again today and found quite a bit more.

T.

DnPRK
August 24, 2012, 09:35 PM
Sendra was in the early-mid 1980s. They made a neat AR-10 receiver too. The Sendra name reverted to Nesard (rearranged the order of the letters) in the late 1980s.

44 AMP
August 24, 2012, 11:56 PM
Had one in the mid 80s. Sendra Corp lower, A1 style upper, rnd handguards, 11.5" barrel with the long flash suppressor permanently attached. Collapsable buttstock.

It worked ok with ball ammo, but loved to jam with soft points. The same ammo would run my Mini14 like a sewing machine...

Bought for $450 new, sold for $950 in late 86 or early 87 as the first wave of the assault rifly hysteria took hold.

Wasn't particularly sorry to see that one go...