PDA

View Full Version : Suomi KP(M-31) SMG 9mm

sharpie443
August 22, 2012, 11:28 PM
Got to shoot this firearm today for the first time. We have had it in the shop for quite a long time but i never got around to it. Finally i decided to do a video on it and it's history today since we were going to be out shooting video for the businesses anyway. So i grabbed it off the shelf and threw it in the truck. I had already fell in love with the history and rugged look of the gun but after shooting it today i think i have to have it. It had very little recoil and surprisingly the trigger pull was nice. I had some problems with the cheap bulk ammo I brought to use in it but it runs fine with +P 9mm. It has one heck of a hard spring in it but i wonder if it will take lighter loads after i put a few hundred rounds threw it. Probably not but I can hope and i hope you enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCR9iZ33_kk

2damnold4this
August 23, 2012, 06:55 AM
Looks like fun

BlueTrain
August 23, 2012, 07:34 AM
That particular submachine gun probably did more than any other submachine gun to convince the Russians that maybe they were a good idea after all. However, I understand the ammunition was hot loaded and was very hard on any pistols the Finns used in that caliber. Their standard pistol was a .30 Luger but they used any they could obtain.

On this side the Thompson was the gun. It looked the part.

I don't think I've ever seen one of those in person.