PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about the .50 Beowulf...

Ben Towe
August 22, 2012, 10:31 AM
Okay, I have a Bushmaster Carbon 15 and I think I want a .50 upper for it. My question is; will the carbon lower work with the Alexander Arms upper? I know there is some question of strength with the heavier recoil, but this is not something that will see a huge amount of shooting. Also, I know that there are some other options like the .458 SOCOM and .450 Bushmaster, would one of these be a better option? A .50 just has a nice sound to it, but I'm open to suggestion. Thanks guys!

HKFan9
August 22, 2012, 02:05 PM
For the... $150 it might cost you... I would probably just build up a new lower out of an aluminum for the .50 Beowulf upper.

The c-15 lower will work, but I would just build a new one and have two separate rifles.

FrosSsT
August 22, 2012, 03:53 PM
Yes the Carbon lower will fit the .50 Beowulf upper. The only problem may be the "matching" of the colors (Not so bad - my SCAR looks like a zombie with all the shades)

For quality ammo the .450 Bushmaster and the .50 Beowulf are around $30 for 20 rounds - the .458 Socom rounds are more expensive averaging around $45.

In terms of "better" performance out of those 3 cartridges it really depends on what your uses will be. They all have tons of stopping power.

1911steelplate
August 22, 2012, 06:37 PM
I had a 450 bushmaster upper, like they say they have alot of stopping power. But it's like shooting a rainbow, they arc badly! I know guys really like them but I didn't. IMHO there are way better calibers that do the same thing only better. But it was fun to shoot, just wasn't ideal to me.