PDA

View Full Version : Polytech milled ak worth

kevdrums
August 15, 2012, 10:53 AM
Just out of curiosity, anyone know the worth of a Polytech milled ak? I saw one on gunbroker for over 3k... quite steep in my opinion, but do these have collectible value?

Reason I'm asking is my father in law has one and was asking if I'd customize it for him, but I don't want it to lose value from that if I could build him a saiga conversion for fairly cheap.

Thanks for any opinions

Crow Hunter
August 15, 2012, 11:28 AM
They are very collectible. The Legend ones are anyway.

They were only imported prior to 1989 and because they were relatively expensive (compared to the stamped versions), not as many of them sold and many of them that did got the crap shot out of them. Chinese ammo was CHEAP back then.

If he still has all the stuff that goes with it and it is in very good shape, it will proabably be worth more to a collector.

Of course, it is only worth it if can find someone willing to pay that amount and he chooses to sell it.

If he never plans on selling it and he wants to customize it, I wouldn't worry about what it might be worth.

5.56RifleGuy
August 15, 2012, 11:31 AM
I think they usually sell for around $2000.

If you customize it, it will destroy the value.

plouffedaddy
August 15, 2012, 01:12 PM
I agree. If it's stock, between $1500 and $2500 in the US. $75 on the streets of Somalia :p