PDA

View Full Version : Good online Dealers for SKS

alphamaniv
August 13, 2012, 06:04 PM
Hi! im looking into getting an sks but am having trouble finding any dealers online that have any in stock. anybody know where some can be found? Thank you!

Axelwik
August 16, 2012, 09:42 AM
Most of the national armories that had SKSs no longer have them - they've been sold off as surplus. Your best bet is to keep your eyes open at local gun shops, pawn shops, an gun trader sites online. Almost all SKSs are actual surplus military rifles.

Here's a site that sells Yugoslavian SKSs, but you have to be wary due to the Yugo rifles having un-chromed bores (If used, they were probably used with corrosive ammo). Almost all the others have chromed bores.

http://www.samcoglobal.com/1-sks.html

shaunpain
August 16, 2012, 05:07 PM
I bought an M59/66A off of Samco and it was in good condition. The wood isn't anything to write home about (was sold as a cracked stock I believe) but there aren't any cracks these bad eyes can find and only highly desirable scratch and wear. Finish has held on for the most part besides where the Serbs really gave them a workout (on the action and grenade launcher) but I have to say that once the cosmoline came out, this thing was pretty pristine internally and runs like a champ.

The Yugos are a very specific type of SKS, though, and might not be what you're looking for. The lack of chrome shouldn't be the issue, the unwieldy gadgets at the end might be the dealbreaker. I have two rifles with intact NATO grenade launchers and I just leave them as I think they look "kind of cool". As far as the chrome in the barrel, mine wasn't mint, but it still puts the round where the irons are and that's good enough for me. The benefit of those grenade launchers/compensators is that they protect the crown, so I think it having them puts my mind at ease. I'm not in the business of rebarrelling anything.