PDA

View Full Version : The Ruger 10/22: One of America's Favorite Rifles HD VIDEO

Amsdorf
August 13, 2012, 04:53 PM
I wonder how many folks are like me, your first experiencing shooting a gun, perhaps of any kind, was shooting a Ruger 10/22. I was a really young kid when I pulled the trigger for the first time, and I've been addicted every since.

What do you like most about the Ruger 10/22? Least?
What kind of ammo have you found works the best?
Have you/do you use Ruger's extended magazine for it? The cheaper ones from third parties have given me nothing but problems.

Here's a video I made on the 10/22. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHW7-PN0k0A&feature=vmdshb)

RickE
August 13, 2012, 09:39 PM
Bought my son a stainless one just like yours. Had trouble finding a 25 round mag, in the ASSAULT rifle period. Got some cheap Butler creek crap. My son in law (new to firearms) bought a standard one. I grew up with firearms. from 8-10 years old, not one of my friends did not own a .22. I have a beautiful 1948 Remington pump (model 121) from my father (deceased in 68). A nail driver, but at age 60, with various rifles, pistols, etc. I wanted a 10/22 for ME. Got a new 10/22 take down and love it. Ordered new hi-vis sights, and want to get a Houge Overmolded stock, but not available yet, So far ..... sweet.

Ps. Buy the new Ruger BX-25 mags now before the (D) government takes that right away... again. They are well worth it. Got mine last week for $21 and some change on sale at Midway US.