PDA

View Full Version : about my AR15 PLEASE HELP

Plumpyman
August 12, 2012, 06:15 PM
my AR15 isnt letting the bolt close after firing a few times if I use the forward assist every time the gun shoots perfect it will do it sometimes on its own close rite but then it wont and the gun wont fire the shell Please Help

tomrkba
August 12, 2012, 06:53 PM
Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer, describe the problem, and they will make a recommendation.

Mobuck
August 12, 2012, 07:14 PM
Did you clean the chamber and lube the bolt/locking lug recesses and cam pin track? Is this a new rifle? If so, it might just need a little breakin.
Factory ammo, commercial reloads, steel case(junk), or other?

ToddG
August 12, 2012, 07:35 PM
What ammo and when did you last clean and lube it? Varnished steel cased is a no-no in most ARs and a case fte every half dozen or so rounds is typical.

chris in va
August 12, 2012, 08:24 PM
As suggested, check the chamber face for any debris or remnants of a blown primer. Junk gets in there and prevents a round from fully chambering.

DnPRK
August 12, 2012, 10:27 PM
New AR-15s like to be run with bolt carrier groups that are dripping wet with lube.

Once you shoot a hundred rounds or so, the rough surfaces will be burnished and you'll be able to reduce the amount of lube.

And use brass cased ammo, not the steel cased eastern European junk.

wingman
August 13, 2012, 07:16 AM
Clean chamber, lube everything and good ammo will solve your problem.

Kimio
August 13, 2012, 09:30 AM
How many rounds have you fired through your rifle, when did you clean it last, and what kind of ammunition are you using?

Try thoroughly cleaning the chamber and the locking lug recesses, and check for debris. Apply lube a little more liberally than usual and see where that gets you.

If possible, after doing so, try different ammo and see how it performs from there.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Justice06RR
August 13, 2012, 10:22 PM
Seeing this is your first post, we need to know what kind of AR it is and what parts (Bolt Carrier Group, Magazine, etc) you are using. Also was the rifle lubed, cleaned, and function checked before shooting?

These factors will greatly affect the reliability of your AR.